"GARY"

"Grayson, did you know that Ethan is being bullied?" I whispered as I took the seat that was next to him.

He breathed out a sigh,"Who told you?"

"So you did know about this?" I asked, a little confused.

"Well, yea because I've seen it happen. I've tried helping him and standing up for him, but he doesn't care, we also got into a huge fight about it. I still love him though." He looked down not making eye contact.

I had no idea what to say and the bell also rang.

"Good morning class, today we have a new student!" The algebra teacher said.

"Would you like to introduce yourself?" She asked me, smiling. I nodded since I knew I had to do it.

"Uh, I'm Tatum and I moved here from Michigan." I quickly sat back down looking at the board.

"Welcome to Long Valley High."

I gave a small smile and opened up my notebook.

-

"Finally lunch! I'm starving!" I groaned holding my stomach as it started growling.

"Yea, I'm pretty sure the whole class knew." Grayson laughed as he walked next to me.

"Do you not eat breakfast?" He asked, once he stopped laughing.

"Nope." I replied.

"When I eat early in the morning my stomach hurts, it's weird." I elaborated.

"Yea, that is weird." He said also giving me a weird look.

"You're not supposed to be mean about it." I also laughed lightly pushing his arm.

"Gary!" Dani yelled, running up to us.

"Gary?" I asked, making a weird face while laughing.

"Yea, that's another one of my nicknames." He replied giving a playfully annoyed look.

"Oh, you love it!" She said, messing up his hair a bit. He groaned while trying to fix it.

"So, are you coming to eat lunch with us?" Dani asked me.

"Yeah, sure if that's okay, since I don't know anyone."

"Girl please, of course it's okay! Plus we need another girl in this group, I'm sick and tired of hearing Grayson talk about irrelevant things." She rolled her eyes as she gave Grayson a look.

"Hey! I talk about important things." He defended, while pouting a little.

"Like?" She asked wanting him to proceed with his argument.

"Like...whether or not I should get highlights.." he mumbled the last part, but loud enough to where I could still hear.

"Exactly." Dani said, making her point.

We waited in line for lunch, today they were serving yogurt parfaits, with an apple pie but it was in breadstick form.

We went to go sit down and I sat next to Dani.

"Where's Ethan?" I asked Gray and Dani. Dani nodded her head off to the right, I looked over and saw Ethan sitting at the same table as us but a few seats over, looking very lonely.

"Why is he sitting so far away?" I asked looking away from Ethan.

"I don't know, he just wants to be alone all the time." Grayson sighed.

I picked up my tray and walked over to him, sitting down.

He looked up at me surprised that someone had decided to sit here.

"What are you doing?" He asked letting go of the fork in his hand.

"I'm eating." I replied in a 'duh' tone.

"I meant what are you doing sitting here?" He asked me like I was crazy.

"I wanted to give you this and plus you looked lonely so I thought why not sit here." I handed him his pencil case and shrugged offering a smile.

He smiled back which made me happy that I have sort of gotten through to him.

"Thanks, but um fuck off!" He snapped, getting up and throwing away his lunch. My smile slowly turned into a frown.

"Why is he acting like this?"

"Did someone hurt him that bad that he hides away from everyone?"

My mind had so many questions about Ethan, but no answers were given.

"Aw don't take it so hard T he's just not the greatest right now." Dani reassured me.

"Why don't you guys do anything though? He's clearly hurting." I told them.

"Tate, trust me we've tried but he doesn't want our help and plus he shut us out." Gray sighed.

"Ok, I'm sorry it's none of my business anyways." I apologized. I mean I just met them yesterday and I feel so bad sticking my nose in their business.

"Ok, but can I ask a question? I don't mean it to sound rude if it is." I warned before I asked.

"Ok.." Grayson trailed, allowing me to ask.

"If Ethan is getting bullied then how come you don't?" I slowly asked. Dani and Gray looked at each other than back at me.

"Well I was, but I tried out for the football team and started hanging out with them and I became friends with them." Grayson explained.

I nodded to give some type of response and decided to throw out my lunch.

__________
heeyy! ik this was ended weirdly but i didn't want it to be too long! I hope you guys like it!

plz comment and vote :)

~B