Adoption

SAEYOUNG POV

"Yoosung are you ready?" Yoosung and I were planning to visit the orphanage because we have been talking about adopting, even before we where married we wanted to adopt. Yoosung comes out with a winter jacket on it was December and Yoosung gets cold pretty quick I found it pretty cute. 

Yoosung: "Yep. I'm excited we have talked about adoption for a while now and now we are actually going to an orphanage. I just hope they like me..." I kiss Yoosung

"Don't worry there will be someone I know it~" Yoosung and I have been married for about a year and a half and having a child of our own was something we wanted to do together. We get to our car and I start to drive. "How is your job?" Yoosung looks at me.

Yoosung: "Oh it's amazing! I am so happy that you encouraged me to go back to school if I didn't who knows where I would be."

"I'm happy you like it you worked so hard to become a Veterinarian" I see in the corner of my eye Yoosung shaking his head. I smile and I continue driving until we get to the orphanage. "Welp here we are" Yoosung and I walk up and I knock on the door a few seconds later the door opens and we are greeted by a friendly face. "Hello my name is Saeyoung Choi and this is Yoosung Choi I called earlier asking about adoption." 

Woman: "Oh yes, of course, come in." We walk in and see children talking and playing with each other some of them noticed we were here and some of them didn't. We sit down and the Woman asked us a few questions we answer them and after that, she said that we can talk to the kids. Yoosung and I stand up and I look over at Yoosung it was a small place so there weren't many kids but it was still intimidating. 

"So whats the game plan?" Yoosung laughs

Yoosung: "I don't know let's just talk with some kids" I shrug

"Alright" I sit in the middle of the room and some kids come over and say hi to me Yoosung follows me and says hi back but yet no matter how friendly these kids where my eyes kept shifting to a boy who was sitting in the corner of the room all by himself. I stand up and walk back to the Woman. "Pardon me but I was wondering who that boy is." the woman sighed

Woman: "That is Ono he has been here the longest he is 10 years old he first came here when he was just a baby" The boy had light skin brown hair and blue eyes I walk over to him and sit down. He looks up at me a bit surprised.

"Hello" he didn't respond at first but then he looked up at me and smiled.

Ono: "Hi." I smile back

"You seem like a nice kid why are you all alone in the corner" he tucks his knees in his chest and sighs.

Ono: "Becuase i'm waiting"

"Waiting for what?"

Ono: "My family...." My heart sinks to the bottom of my chest.

"Y-Your waiting for your family?" Ono nods and pulls his knees to his chest and I look back at Yoosung he looks at me and walks over. Ono looks at Yoosungs eye but he doesn't see it as how most people do.

Ono: "Y-Your eye it's a different color!" Ono realized what he said, "Oh no i-i'm sorry I shouldn't have said that." Ono put his hands to his face and whimpered. Yoosung sits down next to me and touches Ono's knee

Yoosung: "Its okay I know my eye is weird." Ono took his hands from his face.

Ono: "You aren't mad?" Yoosung shakes his head

Yoosung: "No why would I be mad?" Ono sniffles wiping some tears from his face

Ono: "Because every time I make a mistake I lose my family" My eyes shoot open and I look at Yoosung obviously Ono has gone through some hard times.

"Ono?"  He looks at me and notices my arms are open. He falls into them and starts crying I look at Yoosung. "Yoosung we can't just-"

Yoosung: "I know. Hold on" Yoosung stands up and talks to the woman then walks back to me. "Ono has gone through seven families... apparently he was taken back here because he misbehaved but I don't think the other people understand that he is just a kid." I put my hand on Ono's head.

"Seven families." Yoosung nodded

Yoosung: "That's why he started sitting in the corner he started thinking that no one wanted to adopt him" I sigh

"Yoosung I don't think we can just ask this kid to be apart of our family."

Yoosung: "Why?"

"Think about it he has gone through so much so I think we should get to know him before asking him" Yoosung nods

Yoosung: "Okay" For the next two months Yoosung and I came back to the orphanage to visit Ono he was still pretty shy around us but the more we visited the more excited he was to see us. One day I was sitting with Ono when he said something to me.

  Ono: "I really like it when you visit me papa" He realized what he said and covered his mouth "I-I didn't mean to I just thought you are just. Both of you are so nice to me and......" Ono lets a few tears fall and take my jacket and wipe his face.

"Ono its okay" He hugged me and I sighed

Ono: "Y-You guys are just so nice to me" Yoosung then walked into the building and saw me hugging Ono he walked over and sat down next to me. I turn over to Yoosung and quietly tell him what happened. Yoosung smiled

Yoosung: "Hey Ono" Ono looks at Yoosung and smiles a bit. "You know we love you so much right." Ono looked a bit surprised.

Ono: "Y-You love me?" Yoosung nods and I do the same.

"Yes, we do. But we wanted to make sure you were comfortable with us before we asked if you wanted to be adopted."

Ono: "You really went through all of that for me?" Yoosung and I exchange looks and then Yoosung looks back at Ono

Yoosung: "Yes we didn't want to pressure you" Ono let me go and smiled 

Ono: "T-Thank you." I rub Ono's head.

"So how about it Ono do you want to join our family?" Ono nods with a big smile on his face. I hug Ono and he hugs me back. "Come on Yoosung get in here" Yoosung joins our hug. After we were done hugging the Woman gives us paperwork to fill out and Ono runs up to his room to pack his things. When we finished Ono was standing at the door a small suitcase in his hands and he was bouncing up and down. Yoosung walks up to Ono and grabs his hand.

Yoosung: "Welcome to our family Ono"