fourteen

* * *

"AS FAR AS WALNUT BAKE LOAVES GO, that wasn't bad." Tony said, spluttering the remaining of the treat into a small plastic bin. He then went on to looking around Peter's room, almost in a criticising manner. He picked up a piece of experimental machinery, "Oh, what do we have here, retro tech, huh? Thrift store? Salvation Army?"

"The garbage, actually." Peter replied, avoiding Tony's eye contact.

Tony raised an eyebrow. "Oh, so you're a dumpster diver?"

Just as Peter was about to speak, Holland interrupted. "Shut up, dad." She looked towards Tony. "He's only teasing you." She added, "This is some seriously cool stuff you have here. Ever think of joining the STEM club? I'm sure you can, we have plenty of room."

"Actually, I am part of that club. I don't really think you would have noticed me. I'm not that noticeable of a person." Peter said, fumbling with his fingers.

"Well, at least I have a new friend for next time." Holland smiled.

While Tony and Holland had both made contact with Peter in the last five minutes or so, Malea had remained slightly quiet. Peter seemed to be the one to notice it.

The reason for that uncomfortable silence between them two, was probably because Malea had encountered with him a couple times more. But not with him, with Spider-Man.

And the reason Peter was so quiet, was because he knew he met with Malea, as Spider-Man. He knew it, but he didn't know that Malea now knew he was the 'Friendly Neighbourhood Spider'.

"And because you guys are making this silence so uncomfortable, I shall be the saviour to break it. That's you, right?" Tony held up his phone, with a video of Peter, well, Spider-Man on it.

Peter rubbed his hands together, trying to get rid of the sweat that was gathering. "Um, no. What do you,-- What do you..."

"--Amazing reflexes! Look at you go. Wow! Nice catch. 3,000 pounds, 40 miles an hour. That's not easy. You got mad skills." Tony spoke, interacting with the video.

Even though they all found it futile for Peter to continue defending his identity, he still continued. "Yeah, but that's like, edited right? On YouTube. 'Cause you know that's all fake, it's edited." Tony muttered in response. "It's like that.."

     "–the UFO over Phoenix?" Tony cut in, advancing towards Peter's wardrobe. Peter of course, had his attention diverted elsewhere, and had no idea. "What have we here?"

     By this point, Peter's attention had been attracted towards Tony, but a few seconds too late. Tony prodded a stick on a lid in the ceiling, and a bunched-up red and blue piece of fabric revealed itself.

     The Spider-Man suit.

     Peter took immediate action, and kicked the suit out of Tony's hands and headed straight for his wardrobe. "Whew." He sighed to himself.

     Tony took a couple of small strides towards Peter. "So... you're the Spider... ling. Crime-fighting... spider. You're Spider-Boy?"

     "S-Spider-Man." Peter folded his arms, almost in sheer embarrassment that his secret had come out to none other than Iron Man.