one

SLEEPING IN WASN'T SOMETHING MALEA WOULD USUALLY DO.

Normally, she would get an early night, and would wake up early that morning so that she could train. But in these moments, it was her school which had forced her to make this change in routine.

     This time, she had somehow lost track of the hours that she spent dormant, for she had realised when she felt a crushing weight on her chest.

Malea groaned, trying to heave the weight off her chest slightly. She flicked her eyes open for a second to reveal a smirking Stark. "Holly, get off," Malea once more tried to heave the weight off her chest, but it stayed still.

"You have to get up. Dad wants us to attend a big university meeting with him." Holland Stark said.

Holland Stark was, in the matter of all people who were the offspring of rich as hell people, just looking to have a normal life. It was hard to, of course, seeing as her father was Tony Stark, billionaire and Iron Man to add to that.

     "C'mon, Mal. You can sleep later on." Lea shuffled about in bed, still refusing to get up. Holland, while giving up on waking her up, gently and softly gathered Lea's brown hair, which was sprawled all across her soft pillow, and twisted it into a messy bun.

     Just as Holly was about to give up completely on waking the younger girl (by only one year), a grin splashed across her face when she noticed a plan b, lying on Lea's bedside table. There, was a glass of water resting completely immobile, almost as if it were calling to get used.

Holland spilled the contents of the glass right on top of Lea, causing her to shriek loudly. "Holland, you bitch!" Lea shot up, wringing her arms out.

Meanwhile, the Stark was busy herself, doubling over in laughter. After about three minutes of laughing nonstop on the ground, Holly stood back up, only to see Lea's eyes full of fire. Literally. She was pyrokinetic, meaning she could be in control of fire.

     "Whoa, whoa calm down Dynamo." Holly ushered, picking up the glass which dropped to the floor.

     "Seriously though," Lea continued trying to dry herself off. "I would've woken up anyways,"

     "Yeah, in about three hours or something," Holland rolled her eyes. "I've laid out your clothes for you. Its formal, but its your style. Dad has arranged a limo for us to get picked up at around 11:30." Holly went to hug her half-sister. "I'm sorry I had to wake you up like that, Mal." Holly said, concern in her eyes.

     "You're so kind, Holls. Sometimes I wonder how I can be like you." Malea said as she pulled away from the hug.

     "The only thing I can ask of you is that you be your own person. Which is as beautiful as you can get, no matter how bitchy you can sometimes be." The two girls laughed at that last statement.

     "Well, I guess you are the only one who properly knows why I can be this hypocritical. As well as Tony, and the rest of the team." As past memories started to come into her head, Lea felt salty tears make its way on the surface of her eyes. Holland tilted her chin up with her finger.

     "Come on, don't let the past haunt you. To truly be okay and cured from old scars, we can only throw what lives in the past away. You of all people should know that." Holland soothed.

     Lea let out a few chuckles, as she wiped her eyes. "Whatever you say, Yoda."

*                     *                    *

     Stepping out of the shower, Lea looked to her right -- where her clothes stood, and got dressed quickly.

     She leaned a hand on her hip, pressuring it slightly with her other hand, and winced. Untucking her white shirt from the maroon skirt it was in, she lifted her shirt up. There was a huge purple bruise scarring her left hip. The brunette knew it was from -- that accident she had just recently been in.

     "Mal!"

     Quickly, she tucked her t-shirt back into the skirt. There was a muffled shout coming from downstairs of her condo. Lea knew it was Holland, beckoning her to the limousine Tony had spent no extra expense on.

     Lea had always asked Tony not to spoil her. He had already done enough for the young girl.

     At the age of eight, Lea found out these things happening to her body. It wasn't normal at all. On one night, the young girl had woken up, and found out she wasn't the same as other humans. She woke up to see everything around her, floating in mid air. Lea had shot up with such fear, that fire had shot from her fingertips.

     She was scared. She didn't know what was happening to her. So she ran to her parents room. But that didn't help at all. They were just lying still in bed, as if they were dead. They were dead.

     It was fear that had grown in her that night. She was a mutant. But she was alone. Or so she thought.

     A man had shown up to her door that night. One specifically, in a wheelchair. His name? Charles Xavier. A man who had gone through the same as her.

     Professor Xavier took her that night. To his school -- the School for the Gifted. Only at that time, it said didn't feel like a gift to Malea.

     Up until about the age of 12, Lea had been doing brilliantly at the school. She had gotten the hang of her powers -- which she found to be telekinesis and pyrokinesis, and she felt like nothing would have went wrong.

     An accident, however, happened, and Steve Rogers had then found Lea abandoned in a the side of an alleyway. Nobody, not even Lea, knew what had happened.

    Long story short, from then on, Malea had stayed with the Starks and eventually, Tony and Pepper had decided to adopt her. In this way, Lea didn't want Tony to give any extra expense on her. He already gave her so much -- a home, clothes, food. She didn't need any more. But Tony, still being the Tony Stark that he is, would deny her request.

     "Mal! You coming?" Lea's attention diverted to a more impatient Holland, as she quickly grabbed her boots, satchel, and made her way down to the living room, hastily picking up her phone from one of the cabinets. "Dude, you were taking forever."

     "In other words, I was being you?" Lea sassed back, grinning. Holland replied to that with a death stare, before leading Lea to the limousine.

*                    *                   *

i'm not really a fan of this chapter, although, malea and holland's relationship sister goals nfbdfbkge