seven

"SO, WHEN WE GET IN THERE, YOU AREN'T SAYING YOUR NAME TO THE ATTENDANT." Malea sternly told her half-sister.

     "What?" Holland looked confused. "Why?"

     "Is it not obvious? Holland Stark. Stark. Everyone will know you are somehow related to Tony Stark, which is one of the easiest ways we could get caught."

     "Okay, got it." Holland nodded her head in understanding.

     "And you," Malea turned to face Alex, who was stood behind her the whole time. "You're sticking with us. There's no way I'm gonna let you pay for your room."

     "I know how to pay a room bill," Alex rolled his eyes.

     "Don't worry, we know that too. But we're still paying the bill." Just as Alex was about to protest, Lea held a finger up, silencing him, "Alex, please. You've done a whole lot for us. Just take this in return."

     "Fine. But just this once." Alex huffed, smiling slightly at Malea.

     "Great. Lets go, then." The three of them entered the hotel lobby, seeing as they were only just stood outside. It wasn't one of these super grand hotels that people would go to. It was quite simple, but at the same time, elegant. In certain ways, it reminded Lea of The Tipton, from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

     "How can I help you?" Asked a smiling receptionist as the three walked up to one of the desks.

     "We have two rooms -- one under the name of M. Danbury and another with A. Evans." Lea answered.

     The receptionist twiddled her thumbs on the black keyboard in front of her, as she was waiting for the information to come up. "Great. One room with two double beds and another with one?"

     "That's right."

     The rest of the formalities got sorted, and about half an hour Malea and Holland found themselves seated in their room. Soon after, about a day into their stay, Holland decided she wanted to get her plan executed straight away, and seeing as Alex was the one to provide them with transport, he had rented a car for the time being.

     "What exactly are you doing, Holly?" Malea's head bobbed up, as she took her headphones off.

     "I'm trying to hack into the compound's security system so that I can keep an eye on them." Holland replied, her attention 99% on her  laptop.

     "That is kind of illegal, isn't it?" Alex took his eyes off the road for a second, eyeing Holland.

     "So is smoking weed in the UK, yet you guys still do it."

     "Are you actually trying to imply that I smoke weed?"

     "Am I? Or am I just trying to prove a point?"

     "Can you guys stop flirting, again, before one of us ends up dead?" Lea intruded.

     "Fine." Alex spoke, pulling the car to a halt. "I take it there's some 'secret entrance' somewhere here that you guys know about and have to keep a secret from me, so I'm just gonna wander around here while you guys do... whatever it is you were going to do."

     "Great. Mal, I've hacked into the security cameras and I've hooked it into your phone." said Holland.

     "Of course, so you can put the blame on me when it comes down to it." Lea joked. She noticed the stare she was getting from her older sister. "You know I'm kidding."

     "I'm also leaving my laptop in here, Alex. I swear if anything happens to i--"

     "-- nothing will happen to it, don't worry." Alex assured with a roll of the eyes.

     Alex drove off, leaving Malea and Holland to themselves. They explored about, and remembered one of the entrances that Tony had shown them once. While in the tunnel, Lea turned to Holland.

      "Do you even have any idea of what you're going to do once you're in there?" The younger girl asked.

     "Well, I guess I'll just have to play it all out and see. We can't predict the outcome of anything." Holland replied.

     "Are you sure it will work? Are you sure you will really be able to get there before all hell breaks out?"

     Holland sighed. "Honestly, no. I don't know if things will go the way I want them to. But it's worth a try."

"Do you even know what you're going to do? Because by the looks of it, you're as prepared as you would be going on a blind date."

A look of anger came across Holland's face. "Do you honestly not have any faith in me? Yes, I don't know what I'm going to do, but at least I'm going to try to make a difference! Tony Stark is my father, and I am his blood. He has to pay attention to me."

A look of sorrow came across Lea's face. She placed her hand on her sister's shoulder, "You know it's not that. I do believe in you. But I don't believe in the inevitable. It was this same arrogance your father had in himself, and the same motive you had than Pepper. It was because of this, that Pepper and Tony are taking a break. I jus-- I just don't want you and Tony to end up drifting apart because of this."

"And we won't. I am not my father, nor my mother." Holland looked down slightly.

"Do you ever miss her? Pepper?"

Holland sighed. "More than ever. She offered for me to come stay with her for a bit, nut I told her I would get exams over with."

"That's great, really. I'm sure Tony would understand."

"He will, I know it." Holland let out a breath. "We should get going, we won't be able to get through to the compound if we're just chatting."

* * *

waddup, another crappy ass chapter !!!! normally, i don't really hate on any of my chapters, but idk guys, i really donut like this one