Malakei quickly sits up at my arrival. Raising his brows at me coming back so soon but relieved to say the least.

"So fast? Brilliant!...Where's my chicken?" François asks in concern and as I'm grabbing my things I look up to him with a pale expression. Stuttering out an apology.

"What is it?" Malakei asks, on his feet now that he knows something is wrong, otherwise I wouldn't be acting so differently. Unfortunately it is not in the way he thinks.

"Uh-nothing! I'm just going to-" I assure them in my haste to get out of the tent, the minute I turn to leave, the entrance of the tent is being thrown back in anger and I jump back in fright. Eyes widening slightly and chest pounding when I meet Raen's eyes, angry and livid in the night.

He stops when he sees me.

I can't move. I can only look at him, chest moving up and down now steadily. I didn't even notice Bow running into Raen as he tries to pull him back. When he doesn't budge however and just continues to stare at me, Bow comes in front of him.

"Raen, please don't do anything. It's late, you should sleep. Everyone's tired. You're tired. You can talk with him in the morni-"

Raen grabs Bow by the neck, pushing past me and slamming my brother up against the centre pillar that holds up the tent. The tent shakes along with the pillar. I look on with fearful eyes as Raen strangles my brother for another few seconds before dropping his hand. Letting Bow catch his breath before Raen slams him harshly against the pillar once more making a whimper escape Bow.

"I had to overhear it from one of the men on your patrol that he was back and you didn't have the courage to fucking tell me yourself. You are weak dog and a coward to think-"

"Christ boys take it outside!" François exclaims making all of us turn to him. Raen suddenly becomes conscious again of where he is and my heart leaps when his eyes search the room. They linger on Malakei but when he turns around and finds me, his face hardens.

I let my mouth fall open slightly as I pant, my heart and chest beating wildly. I catch Malakei's eyes at the corner to notice that he is mouthing something to me. When I realise that he was trying to mouth for me to run my eyes widen and they snap back at the movement before me. Raen begins to stalk over to me and I back up out of the tent into the night.

No sooner is Raen quickly running out of the tent, almost knocking into me thinking that I would run. I can't. I'm boxed in.

He found me.

Raen's hand reaches out to grab my chin and I gasp as he pulls me closer to him. Letting my eyes close I await a hit but he only caresses my chin. I slowly open my eyes to look up at him. He wasn't as tall anymore like he used to be but he was still taller than me by a few notches. Still intimidating.

He examines my features. Looking closely at the small changes my face has made over the last year. I would like to think that he was looking at me this way because he thought all of this was a dream, I was a dream and he would wake up to find that I was still somewhere else that he couldn't reach.

He grabs my ear and I'm ripped away from my thoughts.

Wide eyed, I grab his hand and twist it, a dirty tactic I learned from François when i'm in a messy situation.

Raen hisses and I quickly drop his hand, he pulls it back and blinks at me. For a moment I panic at the realisation of what I just did and gulp when a fire ignites in Raen's eyes. More determined and angry than ever as he goes to grab me.

I side step him and stumble back as Raen comes closer to me. His leg kicking out from under him to trip me up and I fall for it, whimpering as he snags my bad leg and I fall back, banging my elbow and shoulder on the hard ground. My face scrunches up in pain as I begin to get up into a sitting position.

Raen suddenly plucks me up and throws me over his shoulders. Grunting at my weight, having gained a few pounds of muscle. I suddenly shake myself to my senses and notice that Raen was carrying me somewhere. I groan and swing my legs out of his hold, my arms coming around his neck until I'm sitting on his shoulders.

Raen stumbles and falls forward. I use his back as a shield against the hard ground. I hear him grunt from under me but just as I'm about to move Raen is quickly shoving me to the side and rolling onto me. His weight crushing me as he wedges his body between my legs, preventing me from kicking out.

I punch at his chest and he coughs thrown off guard, I hit him again but this time he catches my hand and grabs my other, pushing them above my head and holding them there. I shut my eyes in anger and all I can hear right now is our heavy breathing as they mangle with each others in the cold night air.

"You left."

Raen growls out and I open my eyes to see the anger masking the hurt on his features.

"Three hundred-"

"-And seventy two days." I pant out, my voice cracking for the first time in a while. The last time that it cracked like that was when my voice became lower. Now it was with raw emotion.

Raen stared down at me. His eyes swimming with an unknown emotion as I look up at him, trying to calm my breathing.

"I've kept track, of every day that I was away from you. I thought of you every night before I went to sleep. Not once did you not cross my mind."

I state seriously as he looks down at me with a neutral expression. His hold on my hands tightening the more I speak but I ignore it and continue.

"I couldn't come back. Not because of what I needed to do but...I was afraid. Afraid to see you after so long. I was a coward and I'm sorry."

"Why?" He whispers. His eyes searching mine. As if they could tell him everything he needed to know.

"Why would you be afraid? Did you think I would hurt you? Kill you?" I let out a whimper as his finger nails dig into my wrists and he lets my hands go. Taking them in his as he entwines them at my sides. I frown up at him in confusion but he is only expressing concern. Concern that I would think that of him.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would have done so by now. Fortunately for you, it is quite the opposite."

He undo's our hands and brings one hand up to caress my cheek. My eyes bright and slightly glassy as I look up at him. My lips parting as I take in a shaky breath. Raen follows the movement with a gleam in his eyes and doesn't wait any longer before diving down. His hand on my cheek having snaked around to the back of my neck as he tilts me upwards to meet his lips.

I kiss him back with just as much hunger as him to his surprise and he smiles into the kiss. I not my hands in his hair as his other hand runs up and down my arm causing goose bumps before shifting to my side. He holds me tightly. As if he doesn't want this moment to end. Sometimes moving his hand up my side just to make me gasp into our kiss. In return deepening it.

We kiss for a few more minutes until he breaks away. His forehead resting against mine as we both pant for breath.

"By the way.." He pants as he moves his head away from me. I frown in confusion up at him as he smirks down at me with a mischievous gleam to his eyes.

"Welcome back baby."

My eyes widen as he brings his arm back and all I can register is the fist hitting me square in the face. My head lulling to the side as I groan in pain.

**

Damn😱 reunited finally ❤️😂hope you enjoyed the chapter! Don't forget to leave your thoughts :)