"Teddy," I start, looking at my nephew heartbroken, "Today is a very sad day." I continue. He stops playing with his car.

"Why?" He says. I take his little hands in my own.

"Kiddo, mommy and daddy were in a car accident this morning." I say. "They have gone to heaven." A tear runs down my cheek. I will never see my sister again, and the thought sends a sob throughout my body. It hurts. My heart feels like it's been cut open with a knife. This is so much worse than Devin.

"Aren't they coming to fetch me Aunty Alex?" He asks. I shake my head.

"No honey. They have gone to live with God. They can't leave Heaven. So that means that you have to stay with me. They can't come back, but they love you very much, and that love will always be in your heart forever. They will always be alive in your heart and your mind." I hope he understands.

"Oh." His face drops. "So will I ever see daddy and mommy again?" I shake my head. A tear drops down his cheek, and I pull him close, as sobs rack both our bodies, and I hold him tightly as we cry together. I have him. That's what matters.

"I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry." He says, and sobs into my shirt, making it all wet. I don't care though. I hold him close, and I'm thankful for the comfort he brings, even though I meant to be comforting him.

"So does that mean that now, you are my mommy?" He asks, through his tear face and I suck in a breath.

"Yes. It does." I say. I'm a mother now. His mother. The responsibility puts a heavy weight on my shoulders. How am I going to do this?

"Okay Aunty Alex. I have you now. You are my family." He smiles. I just sob quietly.

The social worker drives Teddy to my home, as I had to take the motorbike. She understands that I will get a car, which I will now have to drive Teddy around in.

I let her inside the house.

"So, as you well know, I don't have any furniture for Teddy's room, but I have already made arrangements to get it today. Let me show you where his room will be." I lead her to the guest room. She nods in approval.

"You have more than enough to keep Teddy happy and comfortable. You handled telling him the terrible news very well. I know how hard this must be for you, but you will both be alright. So I'm sure you will get the hang of things, it will take time to figure out what to do, but if you need any help at all, please call me. You are now Thomas Adams' legal guardian." Rachel shakes my hand. I nod.

A hoot sounds from outside.

"That's Teddy's furniture, as well as the car I think." I say, and lead Rachel out. I direct the movers to the guest bedroom. They will take the bed from inside it, and the other odd furniture and put it in Tabitha's old house. No. Just saying her name makes me want to cry.

When the car comes, I drive with Teddy, in his little car seat, to get his clothes and the rest of his toys. When we arrive at the house, I make sure to guide him into his room. I pack all the clothing into a cardboard box, and I pack what he will need for today and tomorrow inside. Then we pack all his toys into his toy box and I put those things into a trunk.

Mom and Dad and Sebastian arrive while I am there.

"Hey honey." My Dad looks at me. He looks console shattered and heart broken. I run up to him. Teddy runs to my mother and gives her a hug.

"Hello my darling." She says softly. I try to smile, but it doesn't help.

I walk up to my parents and my brother, and we join in one big hug, and as if it was a mutual cry, we sob together, and sink to the floor slowly. We stay like that for a few minutes until Teddy interrupts.

"Guess what Granny and Papa!" He says excitedly, "I get to stay with Aunty Alex now!"

My parents look at me heartbroken and at the statement, my mother wails in agony. I try to give Teddy a smile and pick him up.

"Alright. Let's get you home young man. It's really late." I hug my parents goodbye.

"Drive safely Alex." They state, looking at me with tears in their eyes. I just nod. I drive Teddy home and lead him upstairs.

"Here is your room Teddy." I show him his room, I take him by the mad and let him sit on his bed. He rubs it. It has little planes and cars as the duvet cover. I will put up his curtains for him tomorrow, which are also little planes and bicycles. We will make it his home.

I show him my room too.

"If you ever need anything, my room is right here. You can even sleep with me tonight if you want to." I smile and show him my bed. It's a double bed, so there is more than enough space.

"Well, it's getting late. Shall we run you a bath?" I ask. He nods eagerly. I put on the water, running my hand under it until it's perfect. When I'm done, I go and find the little rascal. I find him playing in his room. I take his pyjamas out the little suitcase I had packed for him, and put him into the bath.

When he is done playing, I dress him into his pyjamas, and make him some cereal. I know that it is really bad for him, but I have nothing else. When he's done eating, I tuck him into bed and tell him a bedtime story. I think that I need to go to bed too.

I take a quick shower and climb into bed. I close my eyes and sigh. I am so broken. I can't believe that I will never see my sister ever again. I am so sad, but no tears fall, I don't think I can possibly cry anymore, and it all seems unreal. I wish it was only a dream. In my writhing agony, I hear little footsteps.

"Aunty Alex?" I hear Teddy's little voice say.

"Yes baby?" I ask.

"Can I sleep with you, just for tonight?" He asks.

"Yes. Come on." I pat the bed. I tuck him in and he cuddles next to me. Maybe, just maybe, I might actually sleep tonight.