She glared at me for a few seconds before looking back down at her hands. "What am I gonna wear?"

"Uh, we could stop by the store and get you some pj's. I'll wash your clothes in the morning."

Honestly, I hated seeing her this way. It was a huge turn around from how she used to be so I wanted to help as much as I could hopefully without overstepping any boundaries she might have.

"One night." She uttered sternly.

"One night." I repeated with a nod, speeding off in the direction of my crib.

" I repeated with a nod, speeding off in the direction of my crib

BREE

Rubbing my eyes once they fluttered open, I yawned and did my morning stretch before pulling back the covers to get out of bed.

It wasn't unusual for Xae to have woken up before me. He's the only person I know that can classify as both a morning and night person. I was rarely ever up before he was.

Going into the bathroom, I began to do my morning hygiene routine which consisted of brushing my teeth and washing my face. I slept in Xae's t-shirt last night so I didn't bother to change what I was wearing. I love his scent way too much to part with it just yet, I'll have to wait until I take a shower.

I could already smell breakfast being made from the kitchen causing a warm smile to form on my face. I loved when he made breakfast. It was always so good, he just didn't do it often so I was wondering what's the occasion.

Once I was through fixing myself up from my previous slumber, I made my way out of the bedroom and towards the kitchen as the sweet aroma got stronger with each step.

"Mm, it smells good. I hope you're making my favorite." I said cheerfully once I caught site of Xae, pecking him on his lips as he pulled me into an embrace.

Hearing someone's throat clear that was neither mine nor Xae's, I turned in the direction that the sound came from revealing a woman on the couch who was now staring at the both of us.

She had swelling and bruises on parts of her face but you could still tell she was beautiful. I just wanted to know what the hell was going on.

Looking from her then over to Xae with an unwillingly confused expression on my face, he smiled at me nervously while scratching the back of his head.

"Bree, this is Simone. She's an old friend from high school. Simone, this is my girlfriend Bree."

The girl then greeted me with a small smile. I could tell she was just as confused as I was, she probably didn't even know I was here. Waving back at her with a grin, I quickly pulled Xae into the hallway.

"I'm sorry for not asking you first but she was walking down the street alone covered in blood and bruises at midnight. I couldn't just leave her there." He apologized without even letting me get my first word out.