Prologue

The woman, old and grey, yet beautiful, pulled the curtain of the window of her room to see who had come up to her driveway in a white SUV.

The car stopped near a tree of cherry blossoms, which were in full bloom, with little pretty pink blossoms covering each branch of the tree.

Three doors of the vehicle opened almost simultaneously, as the woman leaned forward in her chair to take a peek at the unknown guests.

First, the driver got off. It was a woman, tall and slim. Then two others got off from the back, again women.

The old woman strained her eyes, curious to know who these new arrivals were when she started counting the people.

'One, two ...three,' she counted, as she paused a little before saying out the last number, while memories flashed before her eyes. Yes, three was the number. This was a special number for the old woman. Besides, these were three 'women'.

'Could it be?' she thought to herself.

'Could it?'

The woman's eyesight had grown weak with age. So, even as the three walked up to her door, she couldn't recognize them.

The doorbell rang and the old woman herself, went up and opened the door, for she lived all alone.

The door opened and she observed the three smiling faces of the women before her.

'Three. Yes, indeed!' she thought.

'You came!' she said to them, a tear rolling down her cheeks.

***

PS: The first three chapters are going to be introductions to the three main characters. Bear with me. The fourth chapter is going to bring the story together!

Love,

-Staira