Inaccurate history (but it's funny though)

Start from the beginning

"What? No way! You're not walking, smelling like that and in the dark. You'd get mistaken for a small animal, you'd be mauled out there!" Ryan said almost immediately. "Yeah, tell us where to take you, kiddo. We can drop you off. It's no trouble."
"I️ can't." He shrugged as he tugged at the grass between his finger tips.
"Well why not?" Angel brushed a few strands of hair from his face.
"I️ don't...I️ don't have anywhere. I️ just wander aimlessly until I️ can find some shelter or something... it's not bad, though! Except when it's raining...or gets too cold." The women's frowns deepened.
"Would...would you like to come with us?" Ryan asked tentatively. "You don't have to, it's uh a suggestion. It doesn't have to be forever, either."
"Why would you want a street rat in your castle?" He pressed, trying to find their angle. "Better question, why would you let a stranger into your castle? I'm just a random kid you raced. I️ stink, I'm sweating, I'm not 'proper'...I️ wouldn't fit in." The women burst into laughter.
"Pfffft! He thinks we're ahahaha," Evan stared at them in bewilderment, had he said something funny?
"Kid, I️ dont think 'proper' is the best terminology you're looking for. That doesn't fit the criteria. My idiot wife, who I️ Love, just raced you. After you knocked her over! Proper is not the way we do things." Angel spoke, looking at him with a soft smile. "Did you just call me an idiot?"
"Mm..I️ do not recall."

The married couple broke out into a small argument, once it was settled, they turned back to the boy. "You don't even know my name."
"Well, can you tell us? We're not letting walk to whatever destination you choose, it's dangerous, honey." A fresh sense of warmth was building in his tummy.
"Evan." He stuck his hand out to his former opponent. "Evan Derek."
"Well, mister Evan..I'm Ryan Quinn Garcia and this is my wife, Angel Leilani Hansen." They shook hands.
"Now that we're not strangers anymore, the offer still stands. Would you like to come with us? Your answer has to be yes because neither one of us is letting you say no." Angel smiled knowingly.
"Hm, fine okay. I'll go but only for tonight. I'll be out of your hair tomorrow afternoon."
"No you won't."
The three of them walked to the awaiting carriage down the road, recalling today's event they laughed.
"Your majesties," William, their driver, bowed before them and opened the door helping each of them in. He knew better than to ask questions about that god awful stench the young boy had.

The ride to the castle was short and they were able to learn a bit more about Evan. They found out that his parents abandoned him somewhere in the woods when he was about 3 or 4 years old, and how he managed through life for the past six years. He was a brave soul and a smart one, too. "I️ had a dog, well, he was a fox but still counts right?" The women nodded as they made their way in. "I️ named him, trunk because I️ found him near a tree truck. He was just a baby! I️ miss him sometimes." He rambled lightly.
"Where is he?" Angel probed gently, not wanting to upset him.
"He died. We were walking along the road but we had to cross and this horse was on a rampage and crushed him." He shrugged. As upset as the story made him, he knew there was no use in getting worked up about it anymore. "He was my best friend, man." He frowned.
"I️ bet. You know, we have five dogs, would you like to meet them?" His eyes brightened at the mention of the creatures.
"Hell yeah!"
"Well, first you have to shower then we can have some dinner and go out to the garden for a bit with them. You can play with them for a while, but only after dinner." Ryan said.
"Yes ma'am." He saluted with a big smile showing off his missing teeth.
Angel showed him to the bathroom and filled the tub with bubbles and warm water. "When was the last time you bathed?"
"Jesus...uh I️ dunno? A long time, I️ guess."
"Is it alright if I️ give you a bath? I️ don't think your tiny little baby hands are gonna get you clean." She laughed.
"Mhm, my momma used to give me baths all the time when I️ was little!" He thought back to all those times, she would sing to him while washing his hair. He never understood why they left him out there in the cold.
"Alrighty champ, why don't you step in there while I️ go get you a towel and some clothes, I'll be right back." She ruffles through his filthy "curls," if you could even call them that anymore. He nodded and began stripping out of his clothes once she was out of sight. He sat under the mountain of bubbles, splashing here and there. Angel came back in with the supplies, and in a different attire. She sat at the edge of the tub, wetting his head then combing it out. "My god you've got leaves in your hair! How does one even? I'm surprised you don't have lice."
"Leaves are the least of your problems right now. The water is turning black!"
They shared a laugh as she continued to wash and untangle his mane.
His bath took longer than expected, Angel went through so many bottles of soap.
"Alright, kid, I️ don't think your skin can take anymore scrubbing."
For the first time in months, he felt like himself again. She was warm, she kept him safe. He wasn't sure how long the feeling would last but he knew he never wanted it to end. "Shall we see what's for dinner?"
"Mhm mhm, I'm hungry. And I️ wanna meet your dogs!" She smiled at the little boy in her arms.
They made their way to the dining area where Ryan was already seated, scarfing down her third plate of pasta.
"My oh my, who knew that there'd be an actual boy under all that gunk?" Ryan teased.
He hid his reddening face in the crook of angel's neck.
She set him down in a chair and a plate of food was placed in front of him. He looked dumbfounded. All this food...for him?
"You don't have to eat it all, bud. If you do that's both impressive and concerning, but there's more in the pot." Angel commented then began eating a lot slower than the woman across from her.
"I️ can have more afterwards, i-if I️ want?" They nodded as he began eating with his fingers.

Dinner continued with light conversation and a small banter.

After dinner, as promised they played in the garden for a few minutes with the dogs. "Over here, Lex!" He called as he tossed the ball in the opposite direction.
It began to get chilly, so they decided to call it a night and head inside. They showed him to his bedroom for the night.

The one night turned into two...then a week...a month. Yeah, no, he wasn't leaving. Eventually they sat down to discuss the legal issues. After weeks of the simple back and forth, they were finally able to adopt him. As a gift to him, for being the best son they could've asked for, they took him to a shelter.
"I️ can pick whichever one I️ want? And it's mine?"
"For the 50 thousandth time, yes!" Ryan chuckled at his excitement. Suddenly she was pushed back by a weight. "Thanks, momma." He sobbed into her waist and tried pulling her closer, if possible.
"You're very welcome, baby." Her voice wavered, she was a mom. That's all she wanted and now she had it.
He chose the puppy in the back, the pup wasn't as excited as the other dogs.
"Him?" Angel asked.
"Mhm. Momma said I️ can choose whichever one I️ wanted and I️ get to keep him, and name him, an' an' an' love him forever!" He cheered and picked him up carefully. He pressed his forehead to the puppy's face, who in return gave him a kiss. The puppy was later named Victor.

The duo grew together, the other dogs were still there, but they weren't Evan's. The other dogs were his moms' dogs. Victor was Evan's, as much as Evan was Victor's. He was happy. He found a new home. He found two loving parents and got a new dog along with it! They taught him everything he needed to learn in order to live the greatest life he could. Maybe he wasn't just a street rat after all

A/n: this is technically not an imagine but I'm talking to a girl and she wanted a story so I️ told her this one. Hope you enjoyed it as much as she did.
THIS WAS NOT EDITED it was merely copied over from my messages here so please if you found a mistake lmk so I️ can fix it thank you ❤️