Live by the Sun//Love by the Moon

A/N before we start please note that Dinah is older than Lauren in this imagine. Thx have fuuuuun.

Lauren's POV
Today the others and I are headed over to Shay's house for a small get together.
"Lo, tell shay that me and mani are going to the store for snacks, k?" Dinah said with a smile.
"D, it's raining are you sure?" I asked.
"Yes now go, we'll see you in a bit." Mani stated and kissed my cheek.
"If you guys wanted to do it, all you had to do was say so. I would've left a long time ago," I laughed as i headed out the door with my umbrella.

"Hey laur!" Shay greeted happily when the door swung open but my attention was on her younger sister, laying peacefully on the cold ground in the pouring rain.
"Lauren." Shay's hand waved in my face which brought me out of my trance.
"Sorry sorry. Hi!" I giggled and walked in setting my umbrella aside.
"I swear she's normal." She smiled
"No. Don't ever say that. She's not normal at all." I smiled and looked back at her sister.
"Luna come back inside before you get sick!" She called out.
"Luna? I thought her name was y/n?"
"It is. But she 'lives by the sun and loves by the moon' so after the 100th time she got caught sneaking in at the crack of dawn, i began calling her luna." Shay explained.
"But why luna?" I asked
"Because her reasoning for being out is because she just had to feel the moonlight on her skin." I looked at y/n as she inhaled deeply before rolling on her stomach.
"Five more minutes! Please shay!" She pleaded sweetly before getting a nod from the older girl
"Fine but i have to blow dry your hair."
"Deal!" She laid back down and laughed to herself.

"Where's Norminah?" Shay asked finding a seat on the couch.
"At the 'store'. " i smirked.
"Nice." She laughed and i jumped in her lap. "Well hello." She giggled and kissed my nose.
"I missed you." I said cuddling further into her
"I missed you too Lolo." She smiled and tickled my sides.
"Stoooop!" I whined.
"Lo, can i ask you something?" I nodded. "But you have to be completely honest with me." I nodded hesitantly. "Do you like my sister?"
"No." I looked down then back up again. "Yes." I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. "Maybe." I sighed.

"Well which is it?" I heard a voice behind me causing me to slowly turn around.
"Y/n i," i stood up and began but quickly shut my mouth when i was met by her captivating y/e/c eyes. Her hair and clothes were drenched in rain water and she was still the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on.
"Ren, be straight with me. Do you or do you not have feelings for me?" She took a step closer to me but Shay stopped her.
"Uh-uh." She left the room then came back with two towels. "Here you go." Shay laid one towel on the floor and handed the other to the one girl that has had my heart in her hand for as long as i can remember.
I stood there completely silent and watched as she inched closer and closer to me.
"One simple word can make this can go right." She whispered.
"Yes." I sighed in defeat and looked down at my socks. Her nimble fingers made their way under my chin.
"Yes what?" I saw the hope in her eyes
"Yes i like you."
"Thats a shame." She said. My heart slowly broke, i felt the tears sting in my eyes. "Because I," she kissed my forehead. "Love." Then my nose. "You." She whispered then captured my lips on hers.

Reluctantly she pulled away from me and sneezed.
"Okay! As much as i hate to break up this beautiful moment. You," shay pointed to y/n "have to go shower." The younger girl nodded and walked away as I stood there in a daze.
"It's about damn time!" Dinah screamed while entering the y/l/n household.
"Dinah." Normani warned. "Language."
"Sorry daddy." She winked and pecked her lips.
"I thought you guys were at the store." I said.
"We were but a ship cannot sail without its captain on board." The blonde explained.
"You knew?" I asked.
"The whole world knew!" Mani yelled.
"Even y/n?"
"Luna found out only because i knew she liked you back. We were all in on getting this ship sailed." Shay said.
"So that was all staged?" I asked.
"The rain and me sitting out there, no. But this was more or less what was supposed to happen." Y/n stated while peering around the corner. "I painted by the sky and some how it ended up being a portrait of my soulmate." She mused then stepped forward to kiss my lips once more.