❝Dylan, breakfast is read-❞I swiped at my eyes quickly, ducking my head lower as my mother softly knocked and opened the door

I swiped at my eyes quickly, ducking my head lower as my mother softly knocked and opened the door.
Her eyes skimmed over my hunched body, and her eyebrows furrowed.
❝Dylan, what's wrong?❞
She sat next to me softly, letting her hand rub slowly on my back as she heard my sniffle.
❝I miss her mom- I miss her so much.❞
She knew I didn't have to explain, she knew I wasn't talking about some random girl I could have met in New York, or on set. She knew I was talking about Angela.
My Angela.
At least the Angela that used to be mine.
❝You need to find her Dylan, contact her- something. I know you both must miss each other a lot.❞
I nodded slowly, my fingers grabbing at my phone before I knew what I was doing.
I unlocked it, and showed my mom the picture of her.
❝I always knew she was going to be a beauty,❞ she smiled as she looked at the picture, her eyes crinkling in the corners. Then suddenly, they hardened, and she plopped the phone down face first.
❝Dylan, if you don't find her, and get back together with her, I'll disown you. ❞
And before I could say anything she got up, headed towards the door, before throwing a "breakfast is ready" over her shoulder.
+
[PRESENT]

ANGELA

Chinese and sappy romance movies were what filled my Saturday night

With Stephanie out for the night, a blanket wrapped around my legs, the Notebook playing, and sweet and sour chicken in my hand, it wasn't a bad set up.
Hell, I'd say it was an amazing night- up until my phone rang.
❝Who the hell is calling me at 12 in the morning,❞ I mumbled as I swiped to accept, pressing it between my ear and shoulder as I bite a small piece of chicken, swallowing, and sound an annoyed "hello?"
As my eyes skimmed the movie, I heard shuffling and rapid breathing, which made my eyes widen- was I listening to someone dying? Do I call the police? "Hello?" I said, my voice a whisper now- concerned if a serial killer was near.
"Hey, so I have a question, and don't hang up on me- please,"
My eyes brows scrunched together, glad that someone wasn't getting killed.
"Who the fuck-"
This mans- no boys- voice raised over mine, coming out in a rushed sentence.
"What's it going to take for you to get back together with Dylan?"
My breath caught in my throat and I almost dropped my chicken. I slowly set it down on the table beside me, and grab at the phone.
"I don't know who this is but-"
"Yes you do, but that's beside the point, listen, I need you to at least see him. He's fucking crying, and I've never seen him like this."
I closed my eyes, my heart beating loudly as I tried to pick my next words out carefully.
"Once he apologizes for what he did, maybe, maybe ill consider being in the same room as him."
And with that, my finger pressed the red button, heart racing, and blood rushing in my ears.
Dylan O' fucking Brien crying over me, what a lucky girl I am.
I thought and rolled my eyes, throwing the blanket off my legs as I get up to shove my chicken and sauce in the fridge, hearing the familiar click of the door unlocking.
Before I could be bombarded by Stephanie's questions as to my sour mood, I slipped into my bedroom, laying on my side, wondering what the hell my life had become.
+
[ FLASHBACK ]

" Happy New Year! "The ball dropped, and the two families -Angela's and Dylan's- all smushed into the living room, huddling around the TV

" Happy New Year! "
The ball dropped, and the two families -Angela's and Dylan's- all smushed into the living room, huddling around the TV.
Everyone cheered, smiles sent across the room, and kisses were given.
Angela looked carefully at Dylan, his eyes already on her as their family all hugged each other, smiling at another year together.
The space seemed to make them closer, which neither complained about.
❝Happy New Years, Ang,❞
His eyes skimmed her face, all the way towards the silly New Years hat she wore on her head.
Happy New Years to you too, Dyl.❞
She stepped closer to him, grabbing him for a hug. Her arms wrapped around his neck, and his hands wrapped around her waist, his fingertips seeming to drag across her skin carefully.
Slowly, they unlatched from each other, staring into each other's eyes- completely ignoring the now silent room, seeing as everyone went outside for fireworks.
Angela leaned up slightly, her fingers wrapped in his hair, the tips of her toes stretched as she went to kiss him.
❝Kids! Fireworks!❞
The two broke apart quickly at the sound of Angela's dads voice.
Angela tossed him a sad smile, and quickly made her way to the backyard, where her family and friends all stood- waiting for the fireworks to start.
Dylan followed her, and the two made it to a large tree that sat a little distance away from the rest of the crowd.
Dylan's eyes gazed down at the small girl before him, her eyes skimming the night sky, her hair shinning the bright vibrant colors the fireworks gave off.
Dylan, look-
Her sentence was cut off by his soft lips rushing to hers, his hands gripping tightly at her hips as he pushed her gently against the bark of the tree. Away from the view of a wandering eye.
He adjusted his hands, one resting on her hip, the other trailing up her body, pushing fallen hair back behind her ear.
Their lips moved fast, then slow, their breathes lingering together as they didn't stop. Her fingers ran through his brown hair, scratching lightly.
As the sound of fireworks boomed, and the longing for a breath of air surfaced, they both knew this was definitely going to be a good year.
So they thought.
+
I'm so sorry it's been a while for updates, but here you go! I tried to make it longer than my normal chapters, so I hope you guys enjoy it.
I also really love all the feedback I've been getting, I'm so happy people are enjoying this book.
Hope you all had Happy Holidays!