meeting mother

Unfortunately for me my mother is coming. I haven't been the best daughter so far and I don't want that affecting her own health. This is something that has been stressing me for the past week.

"Lisa  Mcanzi." I was called as the cell bars were opened up. My mother is here already. I nodded my head and walked forward.

I was led into the same room when I was visiting Chase. I saw my mother with her hands tightly holding her bag. I was so ashamed I couldn't look up to meet her face. I moved toward the table that will separate the both of us.

"Lisa. How are you? Is everything okay?" My mom broke the silence.

"I'm good mom. How are you?" I don't know how she got here because Cape Town is really far away from Gauteng but I'm glad she is here.

"Lisa I'm glad you are okay. I've been really worried about you. I've tried getting some help. You need a lawyer baby and I don't know where to turn to. I've tried getting a free lawyer but your case is beyond." My mom decided to lie it all on the table just like that. I haven't really thought much on that.

"Mom I know but like every situation has a solution mine isn't going to be different. We are going to find a way out of this." I tried calming her down but it didn't work.

"Lisa, I did something. I got help from someone and help was offered. I had to baby." She had tears on her face now. Whatever she has to say won't be good at all.

"Mom, what are you talking about?"

"Your father, he has offered to help. He directed the best lawyer in the country that can help you get out of this mess."

"Oh earth open and swallow me now! Mom how can you? After what he did to us. He threw us out of his life mama."

"I know baby but he is a changed man now. He's trying to make for all that he has done to you."

"Well, I don't want him to so he can go and help others."

"Lisa, you've been defying me this all time and look where that got you. You have been caught red handed with drugs. Don't you see that? I'm your mother and I'm telling you that your lawyer will be here tomorrow morning to inform you about some things. You are going to cooperate. Understand?"

I nodded my head in response. My mother looked dead serious and she is right, it's high time I listen to her. I can do this. Tomorrow will be the say I meet the damn lawyer from my father.

"Okay,  now we are starting something.  I don't want to hear any nasty things all I want from you is to get out of here and your father will make sure of that. " my mom finally said.

Five minutes was left before visiting hours were over. We talked and everything was reassured and corrected and I explained to my mother the reason why I did all that and how it all happened. She'll be staying at a near by hotel which is being paid by my father.

"See you later ma. I mis you." I said bye to my mother as I was being taken away back to my cell. I'm glad I've got one less thing to worry about.

**********************

I spent the whole day worrying and stressing about tomorrow. I'm meeting my supposed lawyer. This ought to be interesting. I mean i wonder what we''ll argue about. I have a good feeling about him though.

**********************

Next day...

"Lisa Mcanzi please come forward. " the day has come for Lisa to finally know her fate. Not really but this is the start. I went ahead to the bar cell as it opened up and I was let outside to the visiting rooms. As I was about to enter the room I saw a very handsome young guy through the window place on the door, not really a window but a glass. Too young to even be my lawyer. I got to say though. He looked so hot. Okay what?! I have bigger things to worry about.

I entered and when he looked up. Gosh have mercy he took my breathe away. I literally had to compose myself before I could say anything. His eyes are mesmerising. They are just so hazel.

He flashed me a polite smile and his perfect teeth didn't go unnoticed. He stood up and held his hand to greet me. "Hi I'm Jeremy McKnight. Nice to meet you Ms Mcanzi. I'm your lawyer." I smiled at him too trying to look presentable in this prison uniform.

I took a sit and he started speaking.  "I have studied a bit more about you and your case. Would you mind going through a bit more of how this started." I nodded and told him. I didn't dare tell him about Chase and the gang.

"Mis Mcanzi I would be lying if I say this would be an easy case. Not only are your charges of caught with cocaine but that of travelling illegally. I will try my best to help however nothing is promised. Unless you are hiding something we should know that could help you."

Of course I was forced and threatened at first but I quickly learned that I could make easy money. I didn't mention that of course. I don't want to be killed during my stay here.

"I want to thank you before hand and please do call me Lisa. I don't like formalities Mr...?"

"McKnight. You can call me Jeremy. I am too young to be formalised like that." He answered as he flashed me a smile. I also didn't miss the way his eyes scanned my face or I was just seeing things. I need to see the jail psychologist.

"Okay then see you tomorrow. We need to discuss how we are going to do this. I will be in contact."  He walked away as the police officers took me away back to my cell.

*********************

I couldn't get the picture of my lawyer out of my head and I think it's because of me being here too long now.  It's has been a month now and I can't say I'm used to things around here.

I thought a lot about if I should tell him the whole truth.  My life could be endangered and I don't want to die but I'm willing to spend almost the rest of my life here in this hell of a place. I need a burger and a coke and something like real roasted meet. We only get those on special occasions like Christmas and considering that it's now June I don't think we''ll be eating something close to that pretty soon.

I need to forget the lawyer. He is my lawyer and he'll help get out of this mess.

****************************

Sony forget to vote and comment ;)