(3)My own apartment.

I have been searching for an apartment for 2 weeks already. I didn't like my mom living in our current home. It wasn't safe and it was so damn cold. My mom is improving now. She can walk a little and she can't keep quiet. I must say everything is working out for me.

"Mom, I'm gonna head out and check out our new place." My mom directed her head toward me.

"Lisa you I meant to ask, where do you get so much money?" Here it goes again.

"Mom I have something going on for me. Don't worry. Bye." I quickly rushed to the door and went outside.

"Lis..."

She shouldn't know what I got myself into.

***********************************

The apartment was stunning. Never in my life did I think that I would live in such a house. It has large Windows, which allows more light to get inside. It had a balcony which I thought I my mom was going to love. This is perfect. I paid the deposit and went to fetch my mother.

"Oh Lisa dear this is amazing. I'm sure it must have cost you a fortune. Where will you get that kind of money. Please Lisa don't tell me you took a loan."

"Mom relax. I saved some money up. I thought this would be great especially now that you will have a balcony."

"The Lord has heard my prayers."

"Yes mom." If she only knew what I did to keep us intact. I went around looking for man and now I'm a drug mole. At least this is all worth it.

She went around the house. I could see she was happy and if sheee is happy I'm happy too. I will do anything to keep my mother out of poverty. If I could get my hands on that sick bastard I'm going to kill him. He did this to us. If only he treated her right than I would be a damn lawyer. This is all because of him. Rumour has it that he is a rich bastard now settled with a new wife and kids. Hope he treats her like sh*t too.

Sometimes things never work out the way we intended.

I'm expecting something to come up this weekend. They have promised me to send me to another country. It's worth the risk. I don'thave much of a choice do I.

"Hi babe. I miss you. What do you say of we crash down my place."

"You have got to be kidding me. I would've have thought you called me up to take me out to McDonald or something. "

"You know that I don't have that kind of money."

"Yeah I get it you don't have that kind of money to take me out, right?"

"It's not like that."

"Cause I don't think this will all last. You us. It seems like I'm only there to just keep you busy. You don't spoil me and you never treat me like your girlfriend. You treat me like some paid up stripper. I know I've done somethings in my life but I like everybody deserves somebody to love me."

"Look girl, are you seriously breaking up with me."

"Chase, its either this cause even though we are dating. You don't act like it."

"So now you think you are better without me. I'm the one who introduced you into this business. You now live in a lavish house so you think you can do better without me."

"You know I don't think you did me a big favour. Your so called friends threatened me. They practically forced me by threatening to kill my mother, Chase. Is that what you call helping. You only got me into more trouble. Do you know how tight security is. They want to send me to Zambia this time. "

"I took  care of your sick mother while you were gone away. Don't you see that as something. "

"Thank you Chase. I appreciate that. I know you have done a lot for me. I want us to be friends. We can't fool ourselves here. I care for you now and I don't think you like me in that way."

"Lisa, I'm messed up. I do care its just that i don't know how to deal with that. "

"It's okay Chase let us just stay friends. Best freinds?"

"Yeah sure. Whatever you want. My boss is waiting for you."

"Okay." I left him there.

All attention was averted to me when the door banged. "Here is the woman we have been waiting for. I heard the excellent job you did last time. I asked your boss here to rent you for me." A man said. It was the first time seeing him. I guess he is the one that will send me to Zambia.

"Yeah that's me." He held out his hand for me to get closer. This man had better not do anything stupid. I would kick is ass whether he is the king of the underworld or something.

"Do you hear what we want you to do. Just name your price and well be good." If you mean understand you then yes I do.

"I would like to have a certain percentage of what you will have. I noticed how you guys cheat us."

"What percentage. "

"I want a quarter of what you earn. It's either twenty five percent or nothing."

"You know that a lot of money. Make another offer."

"I can't I'm sorry. You know how bad our economy is. Everything is so expensive nowadays."

"Okay fine. That's nothing compared to what I will be recieving." We shook hands and agreed to the condition.

Next weekend I will venture out to another lovely beautiful country in Africa. Zambia.

This is just the beginning of new life. Lisa the drug mole. I can provide for my mother but that doesn't justify the fact that I'm a bad person. So much for wanting to be lawyer.