zambia(4)

Everything happened so fast. One thing I was in Zambia then the other I was in the back of a car going to jail. This is going to be a hard long journey for me. I'm going to spend the rest of my days in jail. The police caught me. I don't know how but they did. We were all lined up ready to pass the border but it didn't go as planned.

There were soldiers searching each vehicle and when they finally got to me they found it. There was white powder at the back of the car which led to them finding out the placement of the drugs being imported. The drugs were found under the bakkie. How I'm I supposed to get money now. How did this happen. I think its a set up but who on this earth wants to see me down, I've only crossed one person and that's Chase. He couldn't have done that to me.

"Hey what's going on?" I asked people as we were getting out of the brown van with the police officers shouting orders in a language I didn't understand. People were pushing eachother around and it did not help with my slender form.

We entered a room that was so dark and smelled of an old sewage. The fact that we were a lot did not help at all. A loud click achoed through the room and the gates or should I say ladies and gents 'the bars' were locked. This is a disaster. What will happen to my mother. She's all alone and how the hell will I get back to south Africa. Where will I get a good lawyer that will handle my case and get me out of this mess.

I'm going to die. 

 A week past and there still no one that will help me. All I here all day are people speaking in a foreign language. I've gotten so used to the smell that I can't smell it anymore. The food that they give up here is crap. Not even a pig can eat the kind of food they give us. First day I didn't eat and on the fifth day I just had to.

"Lisa." One security man called as i stepped forward from the rest of the people I ws s locked up with. He unlocked the gates and handcuffed me as he led me to an unknown office.

"Ms Lisa. From south africa right?" At least someone speaks English here. The officer said. Why do these people have to be scary.

I nodded my head. "What were you doing with a bag ful of drugs. Who sent you?"
Mm I know my right. I kept quiet. I can't just sell myself like that. This is not my fate.

"We've got a call for a missing person. Your mom  and your boyfriend found you. It would be really hard for them to get you out of this country so I suggest you start talking."

"Please my sir. Can I please talk to her." I missed her so much.

"Unfortunately no. I brought you here to talk not for you to reunite with your family and besides we are in Zambia not South Africa ." He  had that pshh face on him.

"Sir please. I didn't mean to cause any trouble. I was just trying to make a living. What can I do to gettt out of here."

"Firstly I want you to start talking and then our chief executive will decided what to do with you." Well, I've been caught I might as well spill the beans.

I told him everything. Everything except for Chase's gang. I don't want to die young. These people can get me killed here if they wanted.

Tomorrow I'm getting deported back to south Africa. Turns out my story wasn't as big as they thought.  Just a poor stupid girl desperate for money. I'm glad they thought that. Although on one condition that I had to be dealt with so I'm not really free I'm just going to another prison. I heard that the coloureds from there don't take any kak (shit).

A loud eerie noise woke me. One of these stupid guards thought it would be great if they banged their corroded sticks against the bars. Argh.

They got in and grabbed me without warning. Is this how my life as a prisoner going to be like now?

I got into a van with really hard iron bars framed around the Windows and the road was bumpy to say the least. I kept on dozing off to sleep but unfortunately  my road was expended to long hours by these un- maintained roads. You know after what I've been through I deserve a bail. This is such a low life. Never sell drugs kids.

I'm woken up by rough hands nagging and pulling me to get out. I've been transferred to another car. This was was betterrr and lot bigger. It was a south African police van and with that you someone dangerous was in there. I can barely hurt a fly.

It seems like we are in a yard. It had tall walls and you can't even see a fly around here. My hands are still handcuffed. A police woman throws an orange uniform towards me, I know where I am but my brain refuses to acknowledge where we are. What have gotten myself into.

A huge gate opened right in front of me. I don't think there are fingerprints on this gate.

'Ngena'.(get inside). The woman rudely instructed me to get In. By the way I'm still handcuffed. I looked around. Where are my exactly. I know I'm in some kind of a prison.

'Sisi (sister). Where I'm I."

"Kaapstad suster (Cape Town sister)." Ah so she's coloured. I didn't realise. I know a bit of Afrikaans so I can make out what she said. Wait... did she say Cape Town. I'm dead.

I'm in one of the most biggest prison in south Africa. 

Polsmoor maximum security prison, CapeTown,  suburbs of Tokai, south Africa.

₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩

There are some errors that could be found. I haven't edited. Please bare with me.

Please comment and vote if you liked the chapter.

I hope I'm great.