Chapter Two.

The Warrior's Bride

Fareeda feared as she stared at the man. She was sure he was going to run away with her fruit basket. After all, it was her fault. She had let him hold the basket. This was all her and her father had. She would use the money to buy them some chickens and seeds. She was sure this would be her death. Her father would hate her more than he already did.

Just like that, the man took off and she took off after him shouting for help, but there was hardly anyone on the street this early. She wanted to get a nice spot for herself because all the other traders were too violent. As she ran, there were tears flowing down her eyes. He was gainng more distance and she was running out of breath.

All of a sudden, she stopped. Someone was fighting the man with her basket and she ran to the both of them. She was glad none of her fruits fell. She picked up her basket and made to run away when a hand stopped her.

"I believe I should get some of that fruit for helping you out." The man said, scaring her even more. HIs voice was thick and face void of any emotion.

"Relax. I will not take your fruit." Alexander finally said, he could tell she was really scared.
"Call me Alexander and you're welcome. " Alexander said looking at the fruit.

"Alexander, " Fareeda said, testing the name on her lips. She had not heard a name like that before. She was sure he was not from here.

"Yes." He said, looking into her eyes. It was like he could see more than her exterior.

"Thank you for helping me. I am Fareeda. " She said, looking at the hand he placed on her shoulder. It was not right and he should not that, but he was a very attractive man.

*******
Fareeda smiled remembering how she met Alexander four years ago. Since then they had begun their friendship, that ended turning into a love story of sort. She feed the chickens before she made her way inside. Today, she was going to watch the challenge and she didn't care if her father would rant about it. Nothing would stop her from watching Alexander today and she had really prayed for him so she hoped Allah would answer her prayer.

Fareeda washed herself, she needed to wash all that sweat from working in the little field before she dressed up in a nice dress that Alexander had purchased for her. It was her birthday and he had surprised her with it. She knew it was not much, but she loved the little he could give her and she was content.

The journey was not long. There were a lot of people and the stupid prince's carriage was taking space on the road. She cursed internally as she stared at how the prince was being fanned and fed grapes. She heard stories of how lazy and weak he was. In the market, she heard anything and everything possible for a woman to hear. She heard that the prince didn't even know how to fight like a man. His mother, the Queen, made it so everything was served to him on a silver platter. She felt sorry for him and anyone that would choose to marry him. She despised lazy men.

*********

Fareeda jumped up and down when the winner was announced. Alexander had won and it hurt her to see how badly he was injured, but she was glad he won even if it meant the other man would die. She could not wait to meet him tonight at their secret spot. Her father would be asleep so she was glad.

When she was done, she realised that maybe she had been the only one that was filled with excitement. People were just to boring for their own good. She began to make her way home. If she wanted to meet him tonight then she had to make dinner was ready early and her father would not be on her case.

Fareeda gasped and put her head down when her eyes caught the Prince's. He had been staring at her or was she just imagining things. That was very strange, she thought. What business would the prince even have to look at her. She laughed at herself as she walked home.