i. DOLLHOUSE

Home

Home.

The word sounds friendly, it should sound friendly. Every child should feel safe at home, every child should feel like home is somewhere to feel loved. But Elena never felt this.

The Reign family - at least, what's left of the Reign family - has always been that one family that everyone desires to be like. It's that picture perfect family..

In the Reign's case, they aren't so perfect as everyone makes them out to be. They don't exactly live up to their name. Of course, the towns people have no idea about it. They think that Elena Reign and her mother, Ella Reign, are two beautiful ladies who are somehow managing just fine without their dickwit of a father and husband.

They think that the only worry they both have is what to wear the next day. What pretty dress they should dress themselves in. What pretty pink lip gloss to layer their lips in. Elena knew that this is what they thought and it disgusted her.

You see, outside of the Reign household, her mother always holds her hand (Tightly out of anger, which causes Elena's hand to redden) and kisses her forehead or nose. Outside of that house - the house which Elena despises - her mother actually shows her affection. Affection is something she wouldn't dare to do to her daughter alone.

Behind closed doors, her life is completely different. Her mother acts kind and any child would think she is but Elena can see her gritted teeth when she talks to her and Elena can sense the tension in the room when they eat together.

Elena knows that the Reign's are no perfect family. There was even a point where Elena believed her 'perfect' family was actually one of the most dysfunctional families in Derry.

But what disgusted the blonde even more? The fact that everyone called her house the 'Dollhouse'.

If her house was the definition of a Dollhouse then she never wanted to play with one again.

- Before Georgie's Death, December 19th -

"Elena!" Ella hollered standing next to the bottom of the stairs. No answer. She gripped the banister and inhaled. "Elena, dear!" She called, very clearly in a fake tone.

"Yes, mother?" The blonde replied, strolling down the stairs. She would try her best to pretend that she had no clue her mother was two-faced.

"Are you ready?" Her mother loosened her grip on the banister. Elena nodded. "You looked lovely. Remember, Elena," Ella placed both her hands on her daughters shoulders. "Smile. Don't frown. Pretend to have a good time,".

"I understand," Elena muttered, looking down at her dress. She flattened it, thinking it was too big. Her mother noticed this and bit her lip.

"You're dress is fine," She took her hand away from it.

"Shall we go now?" Elena cleared her throat, stepping down off the bottom stair.

"Yes, the car is here," She took her daughters hand, tightly. Elena looked down at their hands connected and sighed as she squeezed tighter and tighter. Why was she so mad today?