"that jungkook loves me."

jimin's eyes fell on the love bite on her neck that was somewhat obscured under the magic of pale make-up powder. "it's called lust, not love," jimin pursed his lips, rolling his eyes soon afterward. what had she done to herself?

"it's not lust." but jimin huffed at that. "you don't believe me."

"well, no shit, nina. i don't trust that guy. never have, never will. but i'm glad you finally took my advice and are leaving this dreadful town. you'll be miserable if you stay here," jimin took a seat at the dining table, and nina followed his lead.

"i'll show you that it's serious this time, chim chim. he's going to say no at the wedding. he's going to break up with her in front of everyone, and then i'll be the one to say i told you so," she stuck her tongue out, giggling as she imagined the scene in perfect detail.

"and after he says no, what will he do? you'll be gone. you'll be far away. who will he seek comfort from?" but jimin soon decoded the meaning behind her smile. "he's running away with you, isn't he?" nina nodded giddily. "nina," he sighed in defeat. "when will you learn?"

"quit whining, jiminie. things are finally turning out great for me. please be happy," she implored, not wanting to leave busan with her best friend hating her guts. "this will be a good thing, i promise."

"he could've at least had the decency to break up with her beforehand, don't you think? why do it in front of everyone else? why do it on their actual wedding day and humiliate her even further? it just seems too fishy to me, nina," jimin gave her one last attempt at reason. but to no avail, his gullible best friend justified the cheater's actions.

"maybe he's just really into the dramatics," nina shrugged, trying to not let jimin's logic deter her plans.

or maybe he's just that much of an asshole, jimin rolled his eyes. although he did not fully trust the entire idea, the barista had no other choice but to give in. and so they started their way to the local church where the ceremony was being held. nina had stuffed her luggage in jimin's blue car, in where it would wait until her and jungkook's departure.

they walked together, arm in arm, into the warmth of the church, scrutinizing the crystallite decorations that complemented the chosen winter theme.

nina found jungkook—who looked peculiarly handsome with his black tuxedo toning his body—speaking to his father across the room, and she sheepishly withdrew herself from jimin to go have a brief word with him.

she waited for the conversation to end before tapping jungkook's shoulder lightly. the boy's eyes widened upon seeing her breathtaking appearance. the tight dress she had thrown on flawlessly accentuated the smooth curvatures of her body, and her long, dark hair flowed boldly yet elegantly down to her waistline.

"you look ..." jungkook was at a loss for words.

"you look, too," she responded, trying her best to retain a wide smile from spreading out on her lips—the same lips he had vehemently kissed last night. "listen, i just wanted to wish you the best of luck. i really can't wait to get out of here," she whispered in his ear, gripping his bicep firmly so she could remain balanced on her tippy-toes.

jungkook gulped at her words, but instead of explaining to her the recently added complication to their plan, he plastered on a forced smile and nodded.