Chapter 13-Just Do It Already!

I took a deep breath in and removed my glasses. It was it. It was finally it. Hopefully, all my hard work would pay off. Tonight was performance night for our chant competition. We were doing a Despicable Me concept so our audience would be able to relate with our performance. I was assigned to be Agnes.

The curtains opened and I stood in the middle of the stage with my friend, MJ, who was assigned to be Gru. I shot a look at him. I wasn't used seeing him without glasses, but I do have to admit he did look cute. I gave him a smile, telling him that it was his cue.

"MINIONS ASSEMBLE!" he yelled out loud for the entire gym to hear. Our classmates fell into their positions, and I grabbed the black scarf wrapped around his neck and started running around the gym, MJ chasing after me.

Marcia Maspion, be prepared to lose all of your hard-earned fats.

As our classmates started performing the chant we worked so hard for, MJ and I hid backstage to catch our breaths.

"Damn," MJ cursed. "I am so fucking tired."

"Yeah," I said, breathless. I looked out. They were halfway our chant. Once they were almost over, we had to get back out there. I grabbed his scarf again and ran around the gym once again.

We ended up behind the entire formation. They were done with their performance, and they were waiting for my cue to exit.

I took a deep breath in and yelled as loud as I could, "THEY'RE SO CUTE!" I ran towards them and they ran to the sidelines. It was our creative exit.

***

"We did a good job guys!" I told them as soon as practice was over. They all headed out and I gave them all a smile. I totally think we could place in this competition.

I headed out and saw a face I never thought I'd see right now. No, it wasn't Evan this time. It was Raven, the boy who made me kiss Evan. Well, technically Mandy did, but if he didn't initiate the bet, it wouldn't have happened.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked.

"I go to school here. I have a right," he answered.

"Oh sure... I can totally see why you'd be going to school at six in the evening," I said sarcastically.

"I'm just here to get to the mall on the other side. I need to have a poster made."

My eyes lit up. So if Raven's gonna have a poster printed, he's going home late. I didn't want to spend a few hours by myself at my apartment.

"Can I come with?" I asked. Raven's eyes widened in shock.

"And why the hell would you want to do that?" he asked curiously.

"Because I don't want to spend hours alone," I answered. "I figured it was better have an annoying dude around than being alone."

He shrugged. "Fine then, but you're paying half of the taxi fare."

Fair enough.

We walked towards the other side of the campus.

"So why are you here, you little bitch?" he asked.

"I was performing at the chant," I answered. He gave me a smile. Hmm... he never gave me one before... like ever.

We left through the South Gate and headed towards some old shopping mall. Apparently, he was going to have it printed there.

"Is this your first time here?" he asked. It was like a flea market. Things were solved everywhere, literally everywhere. It was even starting to cause traffic problems. But no, this isn't my first time. I have been here a few times before.