Chapter 11- Coincidental

Chapter 11-Coincidental

We didn't do much in our stay at Switzerland. Because we've been coming to the country so often, Kris and I decided to simply procrastinate. We attended Harriet's Holiday Concert, where she covered a lot of Christmas songs, whether it was English or German. She even did a cover for Crayon Pop's Lonely Christmas and EXO's Miracles of December. Well, it did make a bit of sense, since it was Kpop that inspired her to become a singer.

I wish we could stay in Zurich forever, but we couldn't. Kris and I needed to get back to the States. He just wanted to celebrate New Year just a brother and sister. Mom and Dad told us they couldn't come home for New Years-surprise, surprise-so it was just me, Kris and his dog Markie this year.

***

Just a few hours after we arrived in California, I laid on the bed of my apartment, glad that I was back home. Ahh, I missed the fluff of my pillow, my panda bear, and the sight of my Kpop album collection. I set my new EXO mini-album on the shelf I bought for the albums and some pocketbooks. Ahh, it looks beautiful.

Bizzare Love Triangle started playing, telling me I had a call. Ever since my kiss with Evan, I did set it as my ringtone. It was Anne.

"Hello?" I said.

"You've finally answered!" she praised sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. "I was in Zurich, in case you forgot."

"Yeah, whatever," she said quickly. "So are you going tonight?"

"Of course," I smiled. Every New Year's Eve, Anne and I went to mass at the local church nearby. This was a tradition that's been going on since we saw each other in new year mass three years ago, and Kris isn't going to stop me from going.

"Good, I'm just making sure you won't ditch me. Alright, see 'ya."

"Yeah, see you."

She hung up and that's when I realized that I didn't have a nice dress to wear. Oh no. I rummaged through my closet, but all my dresses were already too small.

Damn. I had to go shop for a new dress, but I have no money. Without hesitation, I called Kristopher. He answered after two rings.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"I need money for a dress," I replied simply. Kristopher Elliot Maspion may be a hard guy to bend, but let's just say that a big brother's only weakness is his little sister.

***

"I can't believe you made me spend forty dollars on a dress," Kris complained from my living room. We were finally back home after shopping for what seemed like hours. I eventually picked a Mango white polka-dotted dress. It made me look younger, and it reminded me of what Ulzzangs wear. I paired it with my Tory Burch silver flats. I loved them. I put a little lip balm to keep my lips from cracking. Then, I put my wireless Rapoo headphones around my neck. I curled the tips of my hair again. Hmm... something was still missing. Oh right! I adjusted my huge-framed glasses.

I do look quite nice, if I do say so myself.

I went down, my white handbag around my shoulder. It contained my car keys, my phone and ten dollars in case I ever needed anything.

"Kristopher, I'm heading out!" I hollered.

"My apartment before midnight, got that?"

"Yeah, yeah. I got it, Fairy Godmother!" I yelled as I closed the door to the flat.

***

I picked Anne up from her house at around 9:00, which meant we were gonna be late. As I speeded up, trying my best to not go that far from the speed limit, I played Everybody's Got Somebody but Me by Hunter Hayes. After that, I played Love Somebody by Maroon 5. Hey, Maroon 5 is not outdated! Their songs are one of the most awesome ones ever! It was my jam as well as Anne's.