Silver Darkness (9.0/10) - r

The demon shouted as something formed around his neck, and he started to trash around

The priest leaped back. His black eyes focused on the demon, but no matter how much he stared, he couldn't understand what just happened.

Eclipse wriggled so much he tumbled over, but he ignored the pain in his head as he had a bigger problem to handle.

"What's this!" the small demon shouted.

His claws scratched metallic collar that appeared out of thin air. It was covering his whole neck and seemed to be made of ordinary material. However, the claws couldn't leave a mark, and the scratching hardly produced any sounds.

Shadow looked back at Amy. The girl was sitting on the floor with wide eyes. She was as clueless as him. Her blue eyes trailed down to her right wrist where she got a similar bracelet.

With Amy not trying to pull it down, the ebony hedgehog could properly inspect it. There wasn't anything strange, its corners were round like with any bracelet, and the surface was of a light gray color.

Amy slowly looked back at the demon, whispering, "E... clipse?"

The demon stopped moving for a short while, allowing Shadow to notice the collar had rough edges like chains for prisoners. He wondered why they were different.

"How do you know my name?" Eclipse barked and renewed his attempts to get rid of the collar.

A small pang in the head made Amy wince. "It just appeared in my mind."

She slowly got up, dusting her clothes. Her fingers inspected the bracelet, finding no lock or means for removal. She didn't give up and turned her hand in all possible angles, looking for any clue.

Sonic carefully approached her. His shin was still in pain. Who would have thought girls had such sharp shoes?

'Appeared...' Shadow thought a bit. 'Could her ability to see a person's soul allows her to know demon's name as well?'

Such an ability was beyond his knowledge. There was no doubt something like that had to be rare. She was able to change the way the fights were lead against demons. Now some could become soldiers for The Order.

The last thought made him frown. While demons were cruel creatures, he was strongly against any type of slavery. However, he was getting ahead of himself. For now, they had no knowledge of how her supernatural power worked and how it could affect her. For all he knew, it could shorten her lifespan to mere years.

His head jerked as a sudden realization hit his brain. 'Wait! She had been held home her whole life! Was maybe this the reason?'

If her parents had a suspicion she possessed some super-natural disposition, separating her from the world was their means of protection. He held his chin in a thinking manner. But what now? He was sure The Order would be happy to accept her as s student, or not?