"That's unbelievable that you still remember me. Usually no one give any attention to me." He shrugged.

"Why? Why do you think like this?"

"It's true, I am not so popular among people. Maybe I am an introvert." I chuckled.

"You think over too much." I said and looked at my phone.

"So?"

"What?" I looked at him in confusion.

"Do you.. do you have any past? I mean you got ready for an arranged marriage so, were you always single like me?" He looked at me expectantly.

Was I single?

Of course.

I never had a boyfriend, right?

This means that I am still single.

"Yes." I said flatly.

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Why? Don't you believe me?" I said looking at him.

"No.. I mean you are a beautiful girl.. you must have got proposals before.."

"Actually not. Once a friend proposed me but I used to think of him as a brother. That was totally awkward. And after that no one has dared to propose me." I laughed dryly.

Yes no one..

"Hmm.. I see. Maybe they were afraid of you." He said in amusement.

"Yeah."

"I thing it's getting late. We should meet at some other day..if you want to.."  he said nervously.

"Yeah sure. You can call me." I gave a genuine smile and we both left the place.

He drove me to my house.

"Thank you for the day." I said while coming out of the car.

"You are most welcome. See you soon." He smiled and went off.

At last..

I took a sigh of relief and entered my house.

He is a nice guy.

He could be a better husband.

But..

My heart and mind did not wanted anyone but him.

No..I don't want him to be in my life anymore.

"Hey Liz how was the day?" My mother asked my sweetly.

"Nice." I started walking towards my room.

"Liz I have something to inform you."

"Yes?" I stopped to listen to her.

"You know David who was about to meet the day before yesterday?" She enquired.

"Yes..what about him?"

"He didn't show up because her mother said that... you are pregnant with someone else child and she was not willing to accept the child." My mother said while looking here and there.

What the...

"I am pregnant?"

"Yeah..umm..I wanted to ask you before..but I knew it that there was no truth behind this. If there was something like that you would have share it with me." She said coming towards me.

"Did they say how do they come to know about this false information?" I asked in an irritated voice.

"No. She didn't mention anyone.

"Better he didn't show up. Even if I was pregnant who is she to decide who should marry her son. He is not a toddler." I said and went inside my room.

Great!

Now I am pregnant. Wow.

******

It's been a week when I met John in the restaurant.

He said he would call me but he didn't. Might be he changed his decision of marrying me.

Am I that bad?

Or God has accepted my wish of not getting married?

But it was a few years ago. Now I want to get married.

"LIZA, COME DOWN. SOMEONE IS HERE TO SEE YOU." My mother shouted from the hall.

John?

I was wrong, he is here to see me.

I went outside and entered the drawing room to see a man sitting on the couch and chatting with my mother.

I was unable to see his face as his back was in my view.

He was in a suit.

I moved forward.

"Liza is here." My mother smiled at me and said it to the man.

He stood up and turned around with a smile on his face.

Robert..

What is he doing here?

"Hi. How are you?" He extended his hand to shake.

"Good." What are you doing here? "How are you?" I asked.

"Am fine too. Maybe you are thinking about my sudden coming to your house." He raised his brow.

"Yeah.. I mean you could have informed me about your visit."

"Yeah but I wanted to surprise you." He smiled.

"I am surprised." I smiled too.

"I just bring coffee. Please have a sit.." My mother said to Robert and went to the kitchen.

"So..is there any special reason behind your visit?" I asked raising my brow.

He laughed at it.

"Why are you suspicious?"

"I'm just asking." I shrugged.

"Actually there is a reason but this is not a proper place to describe it." he looked around the house then settled his eyes on me. "What about a dinner tonight?"

"Hmm... fine."

"Then at your favourite restaurant. Sharp at eight. See you there." He stood up.

"Hey but why are you in a hurry, atleast sit for sometime." I stood up too.

"Is Miss Miller inviting me to stay in her house?" He asked amusingly.

"Yes, for ten minutes."

"That's unfair. Could I stay here? I would not have to pay for the hotel rent then."

"Last time when I was at the William's, Mr. Robert William was a billionaire, is he become bankrupt that he can't pay the rent?" I said and he laughed again.

"Actually the hotel is mine where I am staying." We both sat down while mother came with the coffee.

******

"Why was he here?" My mother asked. "I mean it's good that your friend visited here and you laughed a little. I am so happy that he visited."

"He didn't say anything. He invited me for a dinner tonight." I said clueless of Robert's visit.

"That's very good. I think you should wear..."

"Mama, not again your with your fancy dresses...

*******
*******

Sorry friends!!!!

I hope you liked it. Not edited. Feel free to pick out mistakes.

Thank you..