Say something?

*authors note*

so this update's late... very, very late- I'm sorry! Just y'know how times supposed to fly when you're having fun? Well that happened at I lost track of it but I'm here now! x) Anyway, the song on this chapter is Say something and it's by a great big world and Christina Aguilera so enjoy!

ALSO, this chapter is dedicated to everyone who voted, commented or read this book because without you, this story would never have got this far and it's reading over your comments which made me want to update. Anyway, there's still more to this book, so don't give up on me yet?

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Two days passed.

Kurt had stuck to his decision, barely talking to Blaine though it pained him to- he never felt like this last time. It wasn't a physical pain unlike when he was on the rooftop, it was different, hard to pinpoint but definitely there.

He had an idea of what it could be, but refused to acknowledge it- it was impossible anyway, right? It couldn't be what he suspected, they were friends, and only friends. Besides, Blaine didn't like him that way, he couldn't- he was broken unlike all the other people who could date. And Kurt knew this, so why was it hurting so bad?

Meanwhile, Blaine tried to get Kurt to talk to him- he thought they were friends, maybe verging on more, so why was Kurt ignoring him? He'd told Cooper this whilst Kurt had been sleeping, confessing his thoughts to his older brother and hoping he could understand them.

"Well it's obvious, squirt. Think about it, why did you take the bullet for him?"

"Because I didn't want him to get hurt," answered Blaine without even having to think about it, "he doesn't deserve it."

"And why's that?"

"He's been through too much already-"

"But you've been through a lot too, Sadie Hawkins, remember? So what was the real reason?"

"I- wait, that was the real reason! Anyway he's my best friend."

"Yeeeah, and that explains why you've barely smiled the last few days.."

"..He's not been talking to me.." said Blaine eventually, eyes drifting towards the lump under the covers of the bed next to his.

"Blainers, are you an idiot? Of course he hasn't, he's scared! It's you who needs to talk to him. That's how me and Stephanie broke up, lack of communication."

"We're not dating!"

"You should be." Cooper muttered, low enough that Blaine couldn't hear.

"What?"

"Doesn't matter- look I need to go phone my agent. A new part in a movie's come up which I should be perfect for- I'm getting the audition script sent through as we speak, it's gonna be awesome. Anyway, remember what I said! I'll see you soon."

That night was the third since Kurt had started ignoring him. Blaine hadn't slept much, contemplating Cooper's words. He'd tried to talk to Kurt, he'd done everything: simply talking to him and hoping for an answer, writing letters and getting his brother to place them on Kurt's bedside to read in his own time, he'd even drawn silly pictures, trying to earn a smile.

What he didn't know of course, was Kurt secretly read them when Blaine slept, feeling a tug of his heart (though he'd never admit it) as he looked at the pictures. Often, they were of Iron Man with an assortment of other characters, usually from Disney. It might have been coincidence, but Kurt was touched that Blaine had remembered the first film they'd watched together.