Illness and Worries

It was 11:50 and lunchtime was approaching. The two boys were sat on Kurt's bed, Blaine making sure to disturb as little as possible and not intrude on the other boy's personal space. The only thing that connected them was their interlocking hands and the quiet music Blaine played as they sat there- Kurt recognised it easily as belonging to Disney's Hercules. Kurt wasn't a hundred percent sure how they had got into the hand holding position, but remarkably, he found he didn't really mind it. Sure, he wouldn't consider Blaine as a best friend, they'd only met eachother the other week or so, but he definitely didn't consider him a threat. Had he done so, he would've moved rooms the day they'd met, even if that meant him having to sleep on the floor outside. To him, Blaine was a friend. Not one he'd go out of his way to go on shopping trips, he barely did that anymore anyway, but one who he knew would always be there and, dare he say it, rely on.

"So.. I think my wall now looks a lot better, has anyone ever told you that you should consider going into interior design?"

Kurt blushed lightly, following Blaine's gaze up at the wall. After silently checking with Blaine whether it was alright, Kurt had managed to change the curtains to ones of a deep burgundy that brought out the highlights on the canvases, complimenting them perfectly. Although the risque blue ones had been cleverly pulled off, the bright shade clashed with the pictures horribly. The room now had a more organised, yet creative feel from the odd mementos and bit and pieces Blaine had stuck to his- their, Kurt corrected himself- bookshelf. Even Kurt had to admit it looked good.

'Thankyou,' wrote Kurt, giving a small smile at the compliment which increased as Blaine reciprocated it back.

"No thankyou, it'd probably look awful without your help. Did I ever tell you about that time Wes trusted me to paint his room whilst he was away? He'd already picked out the colours of course, I just didn't agree with them. Instead, I painted them a mixture of mustard yellow and what I thought was a nice shade of green."

Kurt winced as he pictured the combination.

"Yeah," laughed Blaine, "that was his reaction too, I don't think he really appreciated it though because he's never trusted me since."

Suddenly, there was a sharp knock at their door and a tall, dark haired figure burst in, not even asking if he could enter, desperation clearly in his voice as he called out for Blaine. Immediately, Kurt leapt to his feet, disentangling his and Blaine's hand in an instant and looking like a deer caught in the headlights. Seeing Kurt begin to panic, Blaine copied Kurt's movement and stood up to, wordlessly positioning his body so he was ever so slightly in front of Kurt, somewhat hiding Kurt who thankfully moved behind him, managing to control his breathing. Nick, looked up at them with sad eyes, too distressed to notice the miniscule movements between the boys and barely registering that they had both stood up.

"Blaine! Crap, Blaine it's- it's Jeff. I told you how he was ill? He's now- I think he's got a fever but anyway, he just- he just fainted! Please, you've got to help me get him to the nurse, he's awake now so he can walk but I don't want to risk him fainting on the way down there. Wes, Trent and David are all out and the twins found a new passageway into town so they could escape their grounding, I- I didn't know who else to go to. Please?"

"Whoa, Nick. Slow down, of course I'll help, where is he?"

"In his room, I managed to get him onto the bed, but.."

"Okay, you need to stay calm." Blaine said bluntly, still managing to comfort him at the same time, "do you want to go back to Jeff and make sure he doesn't hurt himself? I'll be over in a minute, just keep an eye on him."

"Yeah, sure," said Nick before rushing back out the door to his boyfriend.

Once the teenager had left, Blaine turned back around to face Kurt who had slumped down onto the bed as the door shut. Considering whether it would be a good idea to take Kurt's hands into his again, Blaine knelt down in front of the other boy, looking up into Kurt's eyes.