You are loved

Kurt, Puck and Finn sat in the lightly, but homily, decorated room; Kurt leant against Finn as they sat on the bed whilst Puck paced the room, having worked his anger back up from previously.

"What the fuck was his problem? God, I swear...urgh, princess, are you okay? He didn't hurt you, did he?"

A pause.

"Kurt? Dude?" Finn asked, holding Kurt out at arms length and forcing the smaller boy to meet his eyes as he didn't answer Puck's question. Slowly, Kurt shook his head in reply before he was pulled into a hug, tears beginning to fall again.

"Ssh, it'll be okay, nobody else will hurt you here."

"Yeah," agreed Puck, cracking his knuckles, "we'll make sure of that. Those dicks won't even brush against you unless they want to be in hospital for a week."

Kurt smiled briefly at his friend, reaching up to hug him.

"You know it was my fault you nearly got seriously hurt. Princess, I'm still so sorry."

Kurt hugged him tighter at the apology to tell him it didn't matter; Puck had been saying this so many times recently Kurt had lost count- and he had a very good memory. But Kurt didn't blame Puck for what he did; it wasn't his fault. Not really.

An hour later, Puck had vacated the room in order to ask The Dean for something although he didn't define what it was. Finn was walking around the dorm and probably trying to deduce what Kurt's roommate was like although he wasn't really getting anywhere; he definitely was no Sherlock.

"So this guy has lots and lots of books, so I'm guessing he's quite unpopular? He seems like a bit of a nerd but, from how he acted earlier, I'm also guessing he's a bit of a dick because of it?"

Kurt sighed to hide a smile, these things were pretty much the opposite of Blaine: although he did seem rather scary to Kurt, he didn't act like a bad guy. He certainly hadn't gone out of his way to make Kurt's life hell, at least not yet. Kurt still didn't know if Blaine was going to keep his bruises a secret from the rest of the school.

"No? But look at all the J.K Rowling books; he's obviously a potterhead, most likely even worse than you."

Kurt looked up, shooting him a more toned down version of his famous bitch glare which showed a mild offense to what his stepbrother had just said.

"Crap, I didn't mean it like that. You're awesome, I just don't understand your obsession with it. Not that it's a bad thing, but I think it's weird how you can like them more than video games. But that doesn't mean your weird, I-"

Kurt interrupted his rambling by chuckling slightly- not a full blown laugh mind, Kurt hadn't been able to do that in ages- after watching Finn get himself into more and more of a panic.

"Hey Kurt?" He asked a few minutes of silence later and Kurt looked up at him, "are you sure you're okay with me and Puck staying the night? I don't want you too feel obliged to let us stay or make it awkward between you and your roommate tomorrow because he's been kicked out of his own room."

The porcelain skinned boy lowered his head, not answering. Of course he wanted his friends to stay; they were the only people who knew about what had happened to him apart from the hospital staff, his teachers and his dad and Carole. Of course there was also his bully- Kurt couldn't bring himself to think his name- but he didn't really count as he didn't care about what he had done and claimed Kurt had enjoyed it as much as he had. That was a lie; Kurt had hated himself ever since the abuse had first started.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Puck walked though the open corridor, dodging through the students who were busy mingling and seemed to be talking about the twins (he had forgotten their names) accident with the fire alarms. Classes were over and the boy expected most would be hurrying to the food rooms or their dorms; he was slightly surprised when this didn't really happen. But what really shocked Puck was how there were no familiar sounds of other people being pushed into lockers or slushie stains on the floors. There wasn't the familiar slurs he had often heard and tossed around and each boy looked happy; hell, Puck had even saw two boys kissing-Nick and Jeff, he remembered- and nobody even batted an eyelid. Maybe this place was best for Kurt..