I don't know what to call this???????

*authors note*

okay, first of all, I AM SO SORRY I LEFT YOU SO LONG!!!!!!! I just had really bad writer's block and then I'd be like okay, I'll just procrastinate and it basically carried on like that for aaaaaggggges but anyway, I should warn you there's a character death in this chapter but y'know, please don't hate me??

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They say just before you die, life slows down. It's true, or at least, it was for Blaine. As the bullet sped towards him, it seemed as if it was barely moving. Jumping in front of Kurt felt like flying and, as the bullet inched its way towards him, it was as if every look, every touch he had shared with Kurt, flashed before his eyes, reminding him of why he was about to die and giving him courage.

He didn't feel his body hit the floor.

He didn't hear the other bullet escaping and hitting its victim with pinpoint accuracy.

He didn't even register any pain.

It was as if he was floating, and the only thing he could hear was an angel calling his name. It sounded beautiful, yet sad. He wanted to tell the angel he was fine, that they shouldn't cry, but he couldn't. Because the voice had disappeared, and Blaine was left alone, and everything had gone.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fluorescent coats moved around Kurt, appearing from the shadows. Lights were flooding the rooftop along with shouts from deep voices. People were talking urgently, trying to tell him something yet Kurt couldn't hear other his tears. He just wanted to lay clutching at Blaine's body forever.

Hands pulled at him and Kurt screamed, half from pain, half from fear. He didn't care what happened now. He was a murderer- he'd deserve whatever came next. Just like he did before; it was all his fault. Suddenly the grip on him became stronger, the brightly coated people pulling him forcefully away from Blaine. He screamed again, trying to fight them off- he needed to get back to Blaine. Yet slowly he was pulled out of the body's reach, and Kurt had to give in. And he did, falling into a darkness and all the time wishing Blaine would join him.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Blurry background noise, creeping towards him in the darkness. A faint white light, it hovered like a magical orb in front of him and the boy couldn't help but be drawn to it. The next thing he felt was the pain, coursing through his body, get still rather dull.

He was present in his body, he just wasn't in control yet.

"-bad condition... possible amnesia from blows to the head.... yeah, got shot dead I heard, serves him right-"

The teenager stopped trying to eavesdrop, afraid of hearing something he wouldn't like. But he needed to know. He had to know if they had somehow saved him.

Slowly, he tried to regain control of his body. It was difficult; he could barely wiggle a finger yet alone get the doctor's attention. He tried again, wiggling the finger until it became easy and then trying another as well. Two eventually because four and soon enough, he was managing to clench his hand into a weak, and barely recognisable fist shape. He tried his other hand but stopped immediately, letting out a hiss of pain. He wouldn't be doing that again, it made him feel like he'd been run over by a bus.

The room was quiet now, safe for a few noises that he couldn't determine where they they were coming from. He guessed moving his hands took a lot more time than he'd originally thought. However, after succeeding in managing to move his hands without causing himself too much pain, the boy gingerly forced his eyes open, having to blink a few times to adjust to the light.