❄️p r o l o g u e❄️

December, the most beautiful time of the year was nowhere, and you couldn't wait to spend it with the person you were deeply in love with. The only person you could imagine yourself with. Joohyuk.

"So what do you wish for Christmas?"  Joohyuk whispered, his voice soft like silk as a sweet smirk played at the side of his plump lips. Your hands were resting on his chest as his arms were tightly snuggled around your middle. Your eyes pointed at his as your heart slammed against your ribs excitedly.

He was the one. The only one could see. He was the one you noticed in a crowd, the one who made your heart flutter, the one who had stolen your heart. Though the two of you weren't completely official yet, you knew you'd be one day, you couldn't feel more confident about it.

He was treating you like a treasure, and you were feeling loved, you had fallen for him, and you were just waiting for him to catch you.

You thought about his question, and you couldn't help the sweet smile crawling on your lips as an idea popped in your head. Joohyuk's smile widened as he saw your expression.

"I want you to kiss me under the mistletoe." You confessed cheesely, the words tasted lusciously on your tongue as you spoke.

The grin on his handsome face seemed to fade slowly as the sparkles in his eyes died at the sight of you. You noticed how his grip around you loosened more by each second. And all of sudden you became afraid,  your heartbeat was still fast against your chest, though it left with a throb after every pound. It hurt. With wide eyes you watched him looking at you with no emotion.

The next thing you knew was that you were alone, standing in the same spot as you saw him leave. Your arms hanged loosely by your sides as the tears clouded your view, he was supposed to catch you, instead, he let you fall. And you broke.

He had stolen your heart and returned it in a shattered state.

That day you walked home with your heart sinking within you more and more. The excitement towards the Christmas was no longer there, because the only person you had wanted to spend it with, had left you. 

What you didn't know was there was another person on its way to cross your path, and that he wasn't going to leave it.

Are you going to let him in your heart, or is he going to be pushed away?