8; touched by an angel.

All beautiful distractions,

ignites from you.

-–-–--–-–-–--–-–-–-–-–---––-------–—--–----–-

*THIRD PERSON POV*

Clicking of forks and sips of tea were the only sounds heard in Adeline's kitchen the morning after. They'd exchange glances but not words, Zayn too deep in her thoughts and Adeline too ashamed or afraid to talk about what had happened the night before.

"Excuse me," Adeline cleared her throat and abruptly stood from the table.

With a hand running through her bird nest-like hair, in a desperate move to get it untangled, she hastily looked for that one thing she desperately needed in that moment.

Alcohol.

She found the little vodka bottle she had put somewhere 'hidden' on the kitchen counter, she gave her back to Zayn, in a vain move to hide what was she doing. She quickly poured some of the strong liquid into her tea cup and hastily took a sip, a sour and vile taste slipped into her mouth, nullifying her, stealing away reality in favour of fantasy, the strong tonic becoming her only 'cure.'

"I saw that, you know," Zayn said in a small voice, and she just shrugged.

"Wh-"

"No questions, please. It's enough that we have to discuss what happened last night and that shall be enough because quite frankly I don't feel like talking about my drinking habits, this early in the morning," she quietly snapped at him.

"Whatever you please." He cleared his throat. "So, about last night, talk," he gestured for her to sit.

She reluctantly got back to her seat, taking another sip of her drink.

"Look," She said then picked on her finger, not knowing what to say or where to start.

"I'm looking,"

She snorted at his sarcasm and sipped more on her drink.

"Okay, I'll start. Why the fuck did you tell me to tell you that i love you last night? when you know damn well i don't, well, at least not yet,"

"Zayn...it's complicated," she huffed.

"I'm well aware of that. And i'm willing to understand,"

"It's- It's just that I-I, I'm," She huffed again, "Look, i'm lonely okay? and i've been for quite a long while now, and i just missed having someone to show affection to me. And last night, last night I had a breakdown after having a horrible nightmare and when i woke up panicked, having cruel flashbacks, i just wanted it to stop, and you were there and i just- i don't know, i thought physical contact would take my mind off the nightmare, and it did, but i was still feeling wrecked, vulnerable and unloved, and i just needed to hear those three words and i-i just- ugh. I'm sorry for pressuring you last night i just—"

She was cut off by cloudy soft lips smashing hard against hers, she hasn't realized that she was crying till his hand brushed a tear off her delicate cheek.

"It's okay, shh, calm down yeah? it's okay, i'm right here," Zayn shushed her.

"I'm scared, Zayn," She choked out, pushing her face more into his chest and tightening her grip around him, crying harder.