7; valley of unrest.

Give me
a moon-blanket night
to keep me warm,

a long-gone smile
to comfort me,

a pair of hazelnut eyes
to haunt me,

a simple soul
to love me...

-–-–--–-–-–--–-–-–-–-–---––-------–—--–----–-

*THIRD PERSON POV*

Wrapping comforting arms around Adeline, Zayn took her home. The ride home was silent, but comfortable. He didn't want to pressure her to talk about anything, she was too deep in thoughts to respond to him in the first place. She kept sniffing and brushing fallen tears off her cheeks and Zayn would reach to her and squeeze her thigh or hand in a comforting manner.

"We're here. Do you want to get inside or take a walk? the cool air would refresh you." Zayn suggested, biting his lip, as he didn't know what to do.

"Inside." She answered shortly and got out. Zayn sighed and followed her.

Silently, they climbed up to her room, he helped her out of her clothes and dressed her in her favorite rose gold nightie, he even wiped out her makeup for her.

"All good?" he asked her in a whisper and she softly nodded, she pecked his lips, feeling her heart burst with warmth at how sweet he was being.

Zayn then stripped down to his boxers and slid with her into the bed. He held her close to him, his arms wrapped around her middle and his lips pressed to her forehead.

"Zee?"

"Yes baby?" he hummed.

"I can't sleep." she whined.

"What you want me to sing you to sleep?" he chuckled.

"No, I have a headache." she whimpered, resting her head on his shoulder. "Tell me how parties are in New York." she pleaded with wide eyes and pouty lips.

how could he even say no to her looking like that? 'she's already driving me crazy.', he thought.

"Well, there were various parties, pretty girls in pretty dresses. handsome boys with mischievous smiles but dangerous intentions. Those were the fancy parties but there are ones in night clubs, girls wearing slutty dresses, partying till dawn, white lines, dark secrets, and hookups..It's a mess really,"

"Sounds like fun to me." she replied voice how filled with sleep. "Zee?" she called again.

"What is it sweetie?" This exchange of cheesy pet names was somewhat amusing and strangely satisfying to him.

"Will you be here when i wake up?" she
murmured sleepily.

"Of course, darling. Sleep, i'm right here. i'll hold you." she didn't know what to say so she just snuggled closer to him and closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep.

****

Bones wriggling like they were made of rubber, squirming to get free, muscles big and tight holding her down.