11

Jake p.o.v.

"Father, im sorry but I will not go through with this!"

Janes yelling meaning something big went on? You snuck in and sat next to John who was just staring out a window. Jade was sitting next to father and Jane had her hands slammed down on the table.

"Listen Jane you are about the right age for marriage and I found the perfect man around your age who has a powerful family. If you two marry we both will benefit from the extra money coming in."

Again with the money. The only reason he had us was for that. First John and I are to be wed now Jane aswell?

"Father wouldn't it be-"

"Jake shut your mouth, I'm talking with Jane."

How dare he do that to you!?

"Well then, I'll be taking my leave now then."

You rather be back at the island rather than here but two servants stopped you before you could leave. So much for leaving...

"Were having a party tonight. Another masquerade ball and I expect all of you on your best behavior. I invited all of the important companies so don't make a fool of yourself like last time. Jake and John you are only allowed to dance with the female guest, no males or you will have sever consequences."

"Yes father."

John and I said in unison. Like always father didn't say anything to Jade since she is the family's favorite child. But non the less she is your sister and ranks between siblings means nothing to you.

He stood up and dismissed all of you to get prepared for the ball. Another stupid event, the main reason he would be hosting such a huge event is he's looking for a proper groom to marry Jade.  I was already changed so while they all left I helped out with getting everything ready. Karkat was one of the loyal workers but has gotten in trouble a few times because of his language. His hair is a dark black and has burgundy eyes. A nice fellow, and he has an eye on Jade.

"Jake, your father insist you change into a white tux. "

Another tux? To my room it is, I passed John and he was also in a white tux with a blue tie and with a white and blue mask,

"John you look absolutely amazing!"

"Hehe Thanks Jake, you should probably go change before the guest arrive."

I nodded my head and went to my room where the white tux, green tie, and mask were waiting. I put the tux on and looked out my window watching as cars arrived with people. I saw a limo arrive and open its door, four males came out in dark suits and colored ties, along with two females. One of the males looked up and straight at me, his eyes the most beautiful orange I have ever seen, or I thought because his mask covered his upper face. He smirked at me then walked away to the doors. He looked very familiar but from where?

Tada!! Hope you like this chapter and more on the way soon! :3