Chapter 23 (Las Vegas Nevada)

Start from the beginning

Malik made his way into the small meeting room and saw the all of the memebers seated waiting for the meeting to commence. He found a vacant seat and got seated too after being in a handshake with the gentlemen and greeting with a nod of his head to the ladies. He cleared his throat and began.

"As we all know,it's getting closer to the expected day we are to leave for Las Vegas. All necessary preparations have been made by the management for the welfare of it's staff on this trip. Unfortunately, one of the team members Mrs Caroline Philips has reported about not being able to make it with the team as she has some personal business to attend to which she requested for some days off. The management gave her a hearing and the head project coordinator Mr Hisham granted her a leave and excused her from travelling with us. As a result of that,we are to make some minor changes and select someone from the staff members to replace Mrs Philips. Precisely,a female as we have 5 male members and 5 female members making a total of 10 members are expected. I need us to make a suggestion of atleast 3 ladies,from there we will choose and the lady who gets chosen  by the majority gets to replace Mrs Philips. So,any idea,suggestions or comments please?".

He finished looking at the 8 people in in the room one by one anticipating a suggestion from them. One of the ladies stood up and cleared her throat.

"As a member of the team, i suggest Mrs Shaheed to take Mrs Phillips' place with us." She finished as the secretary to the meeting wrote down her suggestion down.

"Mrs Shaheed is a nursing mother, so i suggest Miss Aminah from the finance department. "
A gentleman stood up and gave his suggestion while the secretary wrote down his suggestion.

"Any other suggestion before we vote on who to join us between these two?".
Malik asked the scanning the meeting room.

"I have another suggestion please".

Another lady spoke standing on her feet.

"Yes please ma'am, carry on".
Malik responded.

"I suggest Miss Amal Mehmoud from the construction and design department ".

Malik felt a lump form in his throat by the mention of her name alone. He just prays she doesn't get to be choosen by the majority.

"Now we have 3 people suggested, if you're voting for Mrs Shaheed please step forward".

The secretary spoke bringing Malik back from his reverie.

Two people stepped forward and the secretary wrote it down.

The people who voted for Miss Aminah came forward too and finally those who voted for Amal came forward too.

Malik just sat looking at how things unfold right before his eyes. He rubbed his hands on his face,shit's really getting real,he thought to himself. 
The voting came to an end and the secretary came forward to reveal who the majority selected for the replacement.

"Based on what nine of us voted,i will read the results as follows. Mrs Shaheed has 2 votes, Miss Aminah has 3 votes while Miss Amal has the highest votes of 4 people. The majority votes go to Miss Amal Mehmoud,therefore she will ne joining the team".

Malik sat glued to his chair, he never expected this to happen. He has a feeling it's not going to be a good thing if Amal joins the team to Vegas especially that he's planning to take Zain with him. He felt weak at the mere thought of her. He finally summoned some courage and spoke.

"Make all arrangements in Miss Mehmoud's name and e-mail her right away to inform her of the team's decision so that she prepares as early as possible".

He finished and left the meeting room back to his office. For real he never wished for things to happen this way,but then again no one has control over the future,not even for a minute.