30: Secret Missions

Start from the beginning

●○●○

She walked through the hallway, hearing multiple congratulatory words from her schoolmates, which she responded with bows and grateful smiles. She found Rosé already waiting beside her locker, though her attention was solely directed to her phone. Now that she thinks about it, she noticed her bestfriend is more invested in chatting with someone these days.

"Hey, have you waited long?" She asked, tapping the girl's shoulder.

Rosé looked up to her and smiled, "oh no, I also just got here. Good morning Liz!" She excitedly said before engulfing her into a tight hug. She ignored the curiosity that filled her head and just hugged her bestfriend back. She can't ruin Rosé's mood just because she felt something is different about her. She seems happier, which is good. 

"Good morning to you too," she greeted back before releasing her. "Where's Jen and Jisoo?" She asked as she twisted her locker's knob with her code.

Rosé shrugged, "I still haven't seen them yet."

Lisa nodded, finally opening her locker. "Huh?" She involuntarily uttered, catching Ro's attention.

"Why?"

"This is not mine," Lisa said, taking the red box out. It was about five by eight inches wide and two inches thick, with a black ribbon securing it and a single white rose on top.

"Ohhh someone got a present from boyfie," Rosé teased, wiggling her eyebrows.

She immediately shook her head in disagreement, "Jungkook knew I love pink roses, not white. Remember the bouquet he got me before the match?" Besides, the guy just texted her this morning that he'll be going to Seoul and will be back tonight.

Rosé gasped, "wait, is this from a secret admirer? Someone's rather brave," the girl remarked causing Lisa to get more curious as she began undoing the ribbon and opening the box. When she found what's inside, she automatically released a relieved sigh.

"It's from Vince," she said bringing the book out from the box. She flipped open the cover and found a signed page with a message;

To Ms. Graphic Artist Lisa,
Thank you for making such a wonderful cover for my book! I instantly knew you actually read it and understood the essence of the story. I'm indebt of you Miss, I appreciate it big time. Thanks again.

- Vincent H.

"He could've just handed the book to you, what's with this mysteriously-leaving-the-gift-in-your-locker-with-a-rose tactic of his? I bet he even paid someone to put it in there. I say there's a hidden motive," Rosé smirked, earning a scoff from her.

"He's just thankful okay. Besides, I really loved the story, it's a good thing he saved a copy for me," she smiled, putting the book back inside her locker before organizing her stuff.

"If you say so..." Ro drawled, "by the way, have you heard about this Charity Gala on Friday?"

"Your parents are invited too?"

"Yeah, please tell me you're gonna be there."

"I thought it was like a political event or something? That's why Oppa told me he'll go instead," she explained.