Chapter Fifteen - Mason's POV

Start from the beginning

The girl's eyes snapped up and met mine. "I turn you on then baby?" She purred, giving me a look that made me feel like her last meal as she pressed herself into me.

I wanted to say no. No, it's not you that's made me hard; it's that damn nerd who won't get the hell out of my head, but instead I gave her my killer wink that made all the girls crazy. Lowering her face closer to mine, I watched her eyes flutter before closing. I could feel her heart beat against her chest and I could smell her arousal, but none of it was doing anything for me. "Dammit, Rain." I cursed under my breath.

My traitorous mind was the only thing letting me down. Ever since finding out about Rain it's been near damn impossible to be turned on by anyone other than her. Even now with some half naked chick sprawled on top of me, practically begging me to take her, all I could think about was Rain. I knew the only thing that would get this going would be to imagine Rain doing what this girl is doing right now, sliding her hands across my body and her lips across the hot skin of my neck. Being just as turned on by me as I would be by her. Hearing that her wolf is proud of me and wants me like mine wants hers.

That couldn't happen though; I didn't want it to happen. But then neither could this. So I did the only thing I could, I pushed her away and got up from the bed. "What's up baby?"

Grunting I waved my hand. "I'm not in the mood anymore, Alice." Giving her my back I headed towards the bathroom. "Leave." I ordered before slamming the door shut, but not before her whiny voice called out.

"My name's Arianna." Like I cared.

A few minutes later I heard my bedroom door click shut telling me she had gone. Gripping hold of the sink, I stared into the mirror. How did everything go so wrong?

Growling with frustration I cupped my hands under the cold water and splashed it on my face. Ever since my wolf found his mate, it's been less satisfying every time I've hooked up with a girl. The first couple of times were like normal because my wolf hadn't formed a bond with hers, but the more contact we had and the stronger our bond got, the more difficult it became for me and it drove me insane.

I hated that the only want I had was for her and I knew all I needed was packaged up in that stubborn girl that held our attention from day one.

Gripping the sink tighter, I heard the crack of porcelain beneath the palms of my hands. Why did this have to happen? All I wanted was to live carefree, have fun and act young until I took over as Alpha and I'm pretty sure that's all Rain wanted as well. Neither of us was ready for a mate, well I know I certainly wasn't, and yet there I was fighting my wolf every damn day because he was head over heels.

Throwing on a pair of sweats, not bothering with a shirt, I left my room and headed for my father's office. I knew exactly who was in there. My father had told me he would speak with Richard and Nicky when they came and Jake had linked that they were here. He didn't say anything about Rain and to be honest I was hoping with everything I had that she hadn't come. I couldn't catch her scent so I assumed my prayers had worked. The less time I spent with that chick the better.

"Dad in his office?" I called to my mom as I passed her in the kitchen where she was making her usual apple and cinnamon pie. The sweet smell made my mouth water.

Brushing her flour covered hands on her apron before moving the brown tendrils from her eyes, she sent me a smile. "He is and be nice Mason. Remember Nicky is the future Alpha and we're on good terms with their pack; don't do anything to ruin that."

Like reject their Beta? A small voice in the back of my head questioned. "If he starts it, that's not my problem." I heard a small sigh as I walked further down the corridor.