34. The Young Don (Part 4)

Start from the beginning

Vitale said "He did give me a warning that I should be getting for what I did. I think if anyone should be asking questions is me. Why did you say sorry after you asked me or rather threatened me with getting me into trouble if I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear?"

Terza said "I can read emotions accurately Vitale. I could tell what you told me cost you a lot to say. Vincenzo is private. He doesn't tell me anything when I ask about his past. I didn't think that he is protecting that secret in relation with Cristina to protect lives from his father. The look in your eyes told me you were being truthful."

Vitale rolled his eyes "So are you implying that Vincenzo's strict code of honour hasn't at all convinced you that he is genuine when he says he only loves you? Cristina is only a friend. How many times does he need to swear it to you that you are the only special woman in his life. He is protective of Cristina. That is all... But again you are an O'Neil so I can't expect any joy from clarifying such matters."

Terza frowned "How do you mean?"

Vitale said "May I be blunt? Do I have permission to be blunt Miss O'Neil."

Terza sighed "Call me Clarisa ... Yes .,. You can be..."

Vitale said "O'Neil's are all excessively jealous and I dont mean the normal jealous type. They are crazy jealous. Everyone knows that."

Terza defended "So are the Rosarios."

Vitale said "Let's be fair Miss O'Neil... I hear it all from my cousins Vienna and Amethyst about tales of jealousy and possessives of the O'Neil's. I suspected Tristan was possessive but didn't expect it also from Trent who is a silent jealous type quite excessively. I hear what he does to admirers of Amethyst even from across the Atlantic. His reach is quite vast too. I guess it runs in the O'Neil family."

Terza said "Jealousy is a fact of life in our world. Take a look in the mirror Vitale. Your people are jealous too and so are you."

Vitale said "I am protective and I admit I do get jealous but i don't overdo it unlike the O'Neils."

Terza said "There is no such thing as overdoing when it comes to my man. I know that. If any woman wants my man, they will deal with the consequences,"

Vitale asked "I am confused. Why do you show Vincenzo so much resistance yet you do express you are protective? I thought you dont return his feelings?"

Terza warned "Be careful Vitale. I dont think I granted you the right to judge my actions. You just can be blunt... My relationship is what it is. I have allowed Vincenzo to call me his woman because I allowed it. Its as simple as that. That makes him my man. My differences with Vincenzo is separate. We have our differences but I dont share."

Vitale nodded."I think I said too much now... I was meant to apologise and ask you for forgiveness when I dropped by your car. For all its worth I am sorry.
Am I forgiven?"

Terza sighed "You are sorry for what?"

Vitale said "I am meant to apologise for making you sorry. I am sorry I made you sorry."

Terza said "I dont know what you are talking about but your apology is accepted."

Vitale nodded and said "Thank you ma'am. I will see you at the house. The Don will be here in a few minutes." He then took a step away from the car and left the door open. 

Terza watched Vitale now walking to the guards and giving orders regarding security. He looked rather relieved. Was he serious. She then saw Vincenzo coming down the stairs of the building as some men with uniform of the hotel employees or wherever this place was walked to him. They  bent forward and kissed Vincenzo's hand thanking him for holding his meeting there and giving them jobs. He was Don Vincenzo to them.