Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Thirty-Five- Fiery Temper

"You do realize you can't stay that way forever, right, Kat?"

So to keep people away I'd used half my concentration to constantly keep myself in my most intimidating form. Well, not quite. If I had stayed in my Jotun form, everything I touched would have been burned or been encased in ice. I didn't want to deal with the clean up that entailed.

"It keeps Sara from lighting everything near me on fire."

Ever since Agent Ward and John Garret left, Sara had been trying to kill me. Literally and multiple times.

"Just because she set off a few flames doesn't mean you can just stay that way! It was only your blankets, and tooth brush, and wooden chair, and your hair..." The list was a little too long for Aaron to finish. "Okay, so she does light everything on fire."

There was no one to keep us in check. Apparently we had to be moved from our current base, my prison, to a more secure location. Phil was too close to finding us.

The car trip here was way more than what I'd thought. After I fell asleep, a few shots from Fitz's favorite night night guns kept Olivia and I asleep while the car was loaded onto a ship. I mean it's only a two day boat ride to Cuba it's not like I missed anything, what gave you that idea? And Ward had just told me it was Mexico. I had expected more from him.

I was stuck with Sara in my unit. Thank goodness Aaron and Eric were there too. I only hoped that I would be able to survive the plane trip to wherever we were headed. So far I'd managed to keep from hulking out over her pranks.

"What would have happened if Olivia was here?" Aaron obviously missed her, which I thought was adorable and made me a little sad. If I hadn't let them end up together, would he miss me the same way?

"Um, no one would have cared because no one cares about your alien crush." Eric was on my right. I'd had to separate them a while ago. That didn't keep him from insulting his brother.

"Oh, and you think I'm an alien too? Wait to be kind and use your vast skills of charm." I was slightly offended.

"That's not what I-"

"Shut up. I don't want to hear it." I cut him off, not caring what he had to say. I mean, Eric hadn't cared when I was attempting to eat lunch and my chair burst into flames.

"Can you at least look normal, then? I mean, I seriously doubt Sara would risk lighting me on fire too." That was the closest I was going to get to a please from him, so I let the tattoos recede, my hair lighten, and my eyes fade to grey.

"Thank you."

"Thanks for what? Letting you go do-" I could hear her tone and I wanted nothing to do with it.

"Shut up, Sara." I cut her off and sat up straighter against the back wall of the jet.

"Say that again, Kitten." She smiled angrily and her hands ignited in flames. The embers that strayed away and came near my face made me cringe.

Hot water didn't bother me, as it had the potential to cool and turn to ice. Fire was pure heat energy that would eat me alive if it touched me.

"That's what I thought." She crossed her arms in smug satisfaction. Then she screamed. In her small moment if victory, she had ignored my hand as it moved toward her ankle. The skin under her pant leg was now raw and fringed with frost.

"Oops. Sometimes I just can't control it. I get carried away." I sounded innocent, even as I played with tiny ice crystals in the palm of my hand. The small white flakes stood out in stark contrast compared to my blue tinted skin. The coloring barely made it past my wrists.