Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two- Breaking Point and Ever Present Watchmen

"If you dare throw that water at me I will make sure every time you ever go swimming the water will freeze around you and you will have to thaw using high power hair-driers." I didn't have to open my eyes to know who was in the room. Pranks don't make people feel better and the twins had to learn that. Eric must have left without me noticing and formed and attack plan.

"How did you even hear us? We are definitely ninjas." Aaron wined with a hint of pride detected in his voice.

"Correction, I'm a ninja. You two need serious help before you could even try to sneak up on Olivia, let alone me." I flopped out of bed and landed more or less gracefully on the fuzzy carpet to the right of my bed. Luckily, the blankets stayed in a heap on the mattress, instead of falling on top of me. Eric looked annoyed while Aaron looked defeated and insulted.

"Anyone can sneak up on Olivia!" Eric held his hands up, but let them fall back to his sides.

"I'd like to see you try. She slept in the media room last night and- wait a minute. Why are you guys here so early? My alarm hasn't even gone off yet." I glanced at the clock and my mouth fell open. "Why were you going to dump water on me this early? Why do I need to be up by 4:17? You guys get out. I have another three hours of sleep." I vaulted over the bed, landing in between the boys. I grabbed Eric's shoulders and pushed him back out the door. Well I would have, if the door hadn't been shut. So I now had Eric awkwardly pushed up against the door and had run into him, not realizing what I was doing. "Um, the door. I was just, uh..."

I dropped my hands and clasped them behind my back. I looked down at the floor, but then thought about placing my hands back on his shoulders. With my reaction and the heat I felt in my cheeks I was sure I'd just made a total idiot of myself. I heard Aaron trying to suppress a laugh from behind me.

"Hey." Eric's hand went under my chin and forced me to face him. His voice was gentle and apologetic. "It's fine."

I felt his lips brush mine, but before I even knew what was really happening, Aaron came and dumped the bucket of water on both of us. I was surprised when the door somehow opened and I fell, landing on top of Eric in a push up. Slamming into the tile was bad enough, he didn't need me falling on him too. He groaned in pain anyways. My eyes spotted Olivia smiling shyly at me from the end of the hallway.

"Olivia!" I was shocked, but slightly impressed. She was getting more used to Midguard. She was even playing pranks now. "How dare you conspire against me with these peasants!"

"Peasants? I am definitely higher on the Asgardian social ladder than a 'peasant'. Peasants can't do this to their princess." Eric's smirk came up to my own amused smile. It was just a brief kiss, but when I looked up Olivia was blushing like she always did. Her cheeks would turn red and she would look down so her hair would shield her face.

Aaron coughed awkwardly from behind us, leaving Eric looking a bit disappointed. I got up, but he stayed on the floor. He then shifted positions and smirked up at me.

"Draw me like one of your French girls. Wait I can do better." He held out a hand as if it would stop me from leaving and returning to my room. "Oh here we go. When you're ready come and get it! Na na na na, na na na na, na na na na! When you're re-e-e-e-e-ady! When you're re-e-e-e-e-ady!" His voice was surprisingly good. Even though it was a joke, it was rich and full. I wondered why I hadn't heard him sing earlier. He blew me a kiss and winked at me. I opened my mouth to make a comment, but thought better of it.

"I'm gonna sleep now, and we are gonna pretend like this never happened. Deal? Good. Hopefully my hair will dry by then, cause I can not be bothered to use a hair-drier. Goodbye!" I shoved Aaron out of the way so I could get to my room. I jumped onto my bed and snuggled under the covers. I liked sleep. Sleep was good.