Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty-Eight- Pranks and Pudding

"Good morning." I woke up to Eric's face inches from mine and his minty breath caressing my face.

I screamed, rolled over, and flopped onto the floor in a tangle of blankets. "What is wrong with you?" I worked to get myself situated to where I wasn't completely tangled in the sheets, but I was still warm.

"What's wrong with you? I say 'good morning' and you have a spaz attack. Did you know you talk in your sleep?" He smirked at me from across the bed.

"I do not!" I pouted and crossed my arms childishly.

"It's okay. I would deny describing someone as 'an attractive snake muffin' too. What type of muffin is that, exactly?" His smile grew wider and more amused as my eyes grew wide.

"I said what?" My horrified expression only made him laugh.

"And you like my eyebrows? It couldn't be my smile, like a normal person, or my abs? Come on now. You said you liked Aaron's lips." He seemed upset about that. Me saying that was probably enough to let his imagination fly from yesterday's events.

"Ugh, just leave me alone! When I'm asleep I'm a pathological liar anyways." I pulled the blankets over my head, but screamed for the second time that morning when ice cold water was poured down my back. It wasn't the sudden temperature change that made me scream, it was the shock of suddenly being covered in water not five minutes after waking up.

"Not today!" Eric took off running out of my room and down the hall.

"I will freaking kill you!" I was up and after him in a second.

"I'd like to see you try!" As he yelled a cocky reply over his shoulder, he tripped and flipped onto one of the couches in the main lounge of the plane. Without thinking, I kept going and leapt onto the couch as well, effectively pinning Eric down.

"I win!" A satisfied smile was on my face as I looked down at him. Until I realized the awkwardness of our position, that is. I had pinned his hands to his sides by placing my knees on top of them and kept my self up by placing my hands on the arm of the couch where Eric's head rested.

"Can we start everyday like this?" Now it was his turn to be amused as my cheeks turned red with embarrassment and partly anger.

"You are such a-"

"What are you guys doing?" Olivia chose that moment to walk in. Her face was confused and slightly terrified by what she saw.

"Kimberly just got a little excited." He never looked away from my eyes as he spoke. Those devilish blue eyes were locked on to mine and I was drowning in that second. His stare was intense and focused, taunting me and calculating every move.

I quickly righted myself and got off of him, scooting away to the far side of the couch. I shouldn't have let myself get lost like that.

"I hate you with a burning passion." My eyes shot daggers at Eric while Olivia's head swiveled back and forth between the two of us.

"Would you like to act out that fervent passion?" Eric just wouldn't give up as he crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows, looking me up and down.

"Should I leave? This seems personal. What does that word mean?" If Olivia had seemed confused earlier, now she was completely bewildered.

"No, it's fine. I was just leaving anyway. We are not discussing Eric's word choice and don't think I won't murder you in your sleep." I pointed at Eric warningly as I hastily got up and awkwardly walked back to my room. I couldn't be happier that I was going home today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, kid!" AJ smiled as I walked through the front door. She held up her hand to high five me and I gave her an icy glare.

"Don't touch me. Why are you here?" I immediately made my way towards the kitchen. Between Eric, Ward, and May I'd had enough of being pushed around and told what to do. I'd become really stand-offish.

"Cause like it or not, I'm still your assigned agent. Who are these guys?" She gestured to the two boys and Olivia, who followed me into the house and sat on the bar stools near the counter.

"My friends. Eric, Aaron, and Olivia. This is AJ, guys." I have a quick intro and then went to the fridge. "We still have pudding! Look at that!"

"Because apparently Kimberly refuses to talk to me, could someone inform her that I like the way she bends over to look in the fridge?" When he spoke, I could feel Eric's eyes watching me and I straightened quickly so I could turn around and shoot him a death glare. He still had the nerve to ask why i isn't want to talk to him.

"Apparently she heard me on her own, then. Can Kimberly throw me a pudding?" He taunted me by acting like everything was normal and assuming I was like every other girl who would just fall into his arms. It could easily be seen that those were exactly his expectations. He jumped when I appeared behind him without warning to eat a pudding cup just to mock him. "Fine, be an egotistical b-"

"Eric needs to watch his language around Olivia! And if he wants pudding that badly he can have this. I think it's old." I tossed him the cup and he took his sweet time taking the spoon from me. He rinsed it off, calling it cooties, then proceeded to eat the rancid snack-pack product. He nearly gagged then got up to throw it away. I took his place at the counter.

"I don't understand. He didn't say anything inappropriate or overly demeaning." Olivia hardly ever understood when I snapped at Eric. She wasn't quite used to Midguardian customs and such yet.

"Who are these people?" AJ yelled. She was tired of being ignored and had gotten over the initial period of speechlessness.

"I already said it once! Olivia's gonna be living with me, so you've been replaced. I have real friends now, who I can talk about my abilities with." I smiled cheekily and my hands were tucked nearly under my chin to support my head.

"Don't worry. We're not as obnoxious as Kat or Eric." Aaron gestured to Olivia and she blushed deeply. She looked at the ground and her lips were pulled in a shy smile.

"Who?" AJ stared blankly at Aaron.

"Kat, that's what we call Kimberly." Aaron tilted his head in my direction and smiled. He waited for my party trick.

"Cause someone started calling me Kimmy Kat, I am the blonde version of Katniss apparently, and I can have claws." I held my hands in front of me and my talons of ice formed on my fingertips. I tapped them in the granite counter top and they clicked hauntingly.

"Okay then. I'm going home now. You freaks have fun together." AJ went to the front door and closed it behind her. Her confused face made me laugh and Aaron high-fived me. Might as well play some games while we can.