Prologue

Prologue-

What is it like to be a super hero? Well, that's a question for the Avengers, not their freak DNA experimental daughter. Ok, I am totally getting ahead of myself, let's try this again.

I'm Kimberly Coulson. Well, I was. You'll learn who I am now by the end of this story. I was 5'3, had long, wavy dark blond hair, and gray eyes that seemed almost without color. I look mostly the same now, but Kimberly Coulson doesn't exist anymore. No one's called me that for a long time.

I'm also the result of an experiment based of the Avengers' DNA. It seems crazy to me too, a fourteen year old that is related to Thor and Tony Stark? The avengers only saved New York a year ago! 2012, when no one could believe that they weren't alone in the universe. Well, I actually just discovered my abilities recently. It's a very long story. But that's what you are here for, right? So let's start from the beginning, which is really the ending, but it's my beginning, so it's alright.

After the end of the New York battle, and a shawarma party, the Avengers had to do a few things before they were able to leave SHEILD custody. "Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division", in case you didn't know. They all had to give small samples of DNA to the team of scientists there. Now SHEILD has tons of scientists. Between Phase Two and trying to reverse engineer the forty seven Chitaurian objects that fell through the portal after Tony sent the nuke, that's plenty. But there are secret projects as well, like the centipede project and many more. I was, well am, one of those projects.

Clint Barton, Natasha Romanoff, Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, and Thor all had their DNA combined and reconstructed, so somehow that became me, my own DNA. I've been told, I don't remember, that Nick Fury was furious, as his name seems to explain. Apparently men are still valued over girls at SHEILD. Even as the daughter of six amazing individuals, I was useless to him, but just like Captain America, the formula to create another being like me couldn't be duplicated. Apparently the computer and all SHEILD's data on me had been sabotaged. I know how it happened now, but I didn't then. They have so much security at all their bases, but I was all they got from all their hard work, a genetically engineered child that could be trained like a dog to use all the abilities of her parents. Even if not all of them were known. Secrets, secrets.

I've watched the tapes of how they taught me and it makes me sick. I sit and stay, I attack people on command, I silently do as I'm told, and the punishment if otherwise is unbearable. That's why they took my memories and replaced them. You see, I am really only 1 year old, but SHEILD has made a machine that can age people by years in minutes. I was already an experiment, but they kept using me as a test subject, knowing I could handle it if things went wrong. Being a daughter of Thor has its perks.

They kept teaching, training and aging me for a year. They stopped when I reached an eleventh grade education at age thirteen. I learned self-defense almost as well as Natasha Romanoff herself, and I could use my anger to call on hulk-like powers, but I never got very big. I was naturally fit like Captain, so I didn't really need the extra power. I never liked room temperature though, everything had to be cold or hot, and they could never figure out why.

Now I say was when I describe myself because when they wiped my memory, I lost the remembrance of such abilities. I became a normal thirteen year old. Well not exactly normal, I didn't quite fit in. I had a scary, animalistic side towards people that angered or upset me. I always had cold hands, but always felt hot to the touch anywhere else. My favorite clothing was always a bit outdated, but I was ahead of my time when I learned things. School was actually fun for me and learning and memorizing information came easily to me. But all that was nothing compared to my love of music and theatre. Acting and singing were always my favorite; my parents could always find me by listening for my voice singing my favorite songs. I never realized it was my skills of going undercover that made me love pretending to be someone else on a stage. Everyone watching me replicated the people that were always watching and judging me at SHIELD. I was so used to it that it gave me a source of normality, even if I didn't understand why back then.

The people I lived with weren't my real parents. None of my real parents even knew I existed, so these were SHEILD agents that looked enough like me to have me believe that we were really related. I always trusted them. I told them my loves, fears, secrets. I look back and regret it now. Nothing in the world of an agent is as it seems, and after a full year of living as a normal kid without incident, my whole world came crashing down around me. All because of one little mistake. There were lots of mistakes along the way, but one domino has to be pushed first, right?

So let's go back. I'll tell everything that happened, but without this foreknowledge. Half of what I know now was a complete mystery to me when I woke up that Monday morning. The morning it all changed.