10: What's between Rose and Locha?

Start from the beginning

"You just seem fidgety and nervous when around him." Kyle had a thoughtful expression on his face. Then his eyes were on me, serious yet something dark lingering behind it. "It looks like you wanna be anywhere but near him, anyone but him." Kyle's voice grew hard as he ended his sentence.

Then something flashed in his face before he gripped me my my arms and gave me a hard stare. "Did he ever hurt you? Is that why you don't wanna be around him? Is that why you seem uncomfortable when you're around him?" Angry was evident in his voice, but something else that I saw in his eyes caught my attention- scared and concern.

Knowing that Kyle actually knew what I felt when around Lucas without me saying anything about it to him and his genuine concern for me at the thought of me being hurt once, stirred something inside of me.

It was getting more and more difficult to ignore that nagging feeling when Kyle act this way and show that he care for me.

"I swear, I will fucking smash his face and will make sure he won't be able to walk anymore if he had laid even a single finger on you... Rose, why are you smiling?" Kyle's face changed from anger to confusion when he saw me smiling.

He looked adorably cute when he looked confused. Not being able to stop myself I extended my hand and pinched his cheeks before cooing, "You're so cute sometimes."

After which I burst out laughing when horror masked his face. He let go of my shoulders and scowled. "I am anything but cute." Grimacing when he said the word cute.

My laughter subsided but still a smile remained. Kyle's expression turned soft and he smiled back at me. "You don't have to be scared of anyone, Rose. I will protect you." Kyle kept his hand on top of my head and his thumb lightly caressed my forehead.

There it was again, the warm fuzzy feeling that only Kyle could give me by his mere touch and simple words.

How could I stop myself from falling for him when he was saying all these and doing all these for me?

I gave him a bright smile. "Don't worry Kyle. Lucas had never hurt me. He is not my ex either. We went to the same high school, he was my senior and that's how we know each other." I told Kyle honestly but leaving out the part that he was my crush and the guy who broke my heart.

Kyle gave me a sceptical look and his eyes searched mine as if looking for something. When he found what he was looking for, he nodded and pulled me towards him, leaving a quick kiss on my forehead.

At this, my eyes grew wide and I blinked up at him. Kyle let go of me quickly and stood up doing a quick stretch.

I was still shock by his action, and looking at him he was too.

Kyle's cheeks were flushed as he cleared his throat awkwardly. "Um..." He scratched his head gazing down at me but quickly looking away when he saw my stare. "I just remembered, Zander and Amelia had...um..." He actually looked nervous and at lost for words.

I didn't say anything because even though I was confused and surprised my his action, his current state was highly amusing.

How often does it happen that Kyle- The guy who oozes confidence, gets nervous?

"They had asked me to stop by their apartment once." Kyle quickly completed his statement and bolted out of the room but not before grabbing his motorcycle keys.

Once he was out, I double over laughter at his sudden discomfort and flushed cheeks.

Gosh, he looked so cute yet in a sexily hot cutie way. If that even mean anything.

My laughter died down and I fell back on the bed staring up at the blank ceiling.

I sighed touching my forehead where Kyle had placed a kiss a few minutes ago.