00.02

Jonah pov

I woke up and surprisingly there was no text from that girl from last night. I figured she'd forgotten already or realized it was weird to text someone you didn't even know. I rolled out of bed and almost stepped on Zach, why was he in the floor? I shrugged it off and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After showering I came back to my room and checked my phone. I had a text from that girl now.

Sophia (wrong number)
Hey!

Jonah :)
Who are you? I don't know you

Sophia (wrong number)
Well, my name is so Sophia. I'm 17 years old and I'm homeschooled. How about you?

Jonah :)
Why do you keep texting me? I'm not your friend, I don't even know you

Sophia (wrong number)
Oh, okay I'll just leave you alone
I'm sorry if I bothered you

Jonah :)
Bye

I felt bad for being mean to the girl but I just didn't want to talk to her. Lana would freak out if she saw I was texting another girl. I loved Lana and I didn't want to break up.

I deleted all of the texts with Sophia and headed downstairs. As I ate breakfast I started to get curious about Sophia. I tried not to, but somehow I felt myself wanting to talk to her again. I slurped down the rest of my cereal and got in my car to drive to Lana's. I didn't even knock before I went in because I knew she'd just be watching Netflix. I snuck up behind her and scared her. She jumped up and spun around to face me. "Oh my god Jonah don't do that" she said as she got closer to hug me. I pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head. "I'm sorry, I just missed you" I told her and she got on her tip toes to give me a kiss.

I sat down on her couch and started to watch whatever she was watching with her. She cuddled up against me and fell asleep, she'd probably stayed up all night watching Netflix. After she fell asleep I noticed her phone dinged. Her phone was still in her hand but the text was from someone named Trey. I brushed it off and assumed they were just friends, she wasn't the cheating type.

Sophia pov

I wiped away a tear. I just wanted a friend. I didn't blame him for not wanting to talk to me, he didn't know me. It was acceptable. If it wasn't for my stupid mother and her stupid rules, I'd have friends. I'd be able to go out, have social media and go to school. I heard footsteps coming down the hall so I quickly hid my phone, the phone I had bought the one time I managed to sneak out. I opened the book that was beside me and pretended to be reading whenever Laura walked in the room.

"Have you been crying?" She asked.

"No I accidentally hit myself in the eye with my hand" I lied. She pursed her lips and I knew she knew I was lying. She quietly stood up and left the room. She shut the door behind her and I sighed. She probably knew I was up to something so there was no way I could use that phone for at least a couple of days, just to be safe.

• I kinda want a co-writer for this book