Chapter Twenty - Part One

Start from the beginning

“You didn’t?” she shrieked laughing.  

“I did and my Mom wasn’t thrilled but I convinced her to and I kind of explained to her about you a bit, I hope you don’t mind,” I told her feeling guilty.

“No, I don’t mind.  She’s okay with having burgers though James?” she hesitantly asked me.

“Well, my Mom is not really a burger kind of Mom, she’s a bit more posh then that, but she said that she would,” I told her smiling.  I was happy that she seemed to be feeling better.

“That was nice of her,” she smiled at me and then gave me a kiss.  “Thank you James.”

“Anything for you baby,” I told her caressing her cheek and pecking her lips briefly before I started up my car and drove home.

We weren’t even in the front door yet when my Mom and sister came booming down the stairs.  I had to roll my eyes at my Mom, she was wearing a dress, high heels, her hair all done up.  Honestly, I wasn’t impressed.  She knows that Sophia is blind, her jeans would have been fine.   I have no idea why she went all out with her appearance, unless she wanted to impress my Dad.

“Sophia,” I started to say, making introductions.  “You remember my sister Ashley.”

“Hi Ashley,” Sophia said calmly and she held out her hand.  Ashley, my ditzy sister didn’t even bother with Sophia’s hand and gave her a hug instead.  I had to hold Sophia’s back because she wasn’t expecting the hug and Ashley was a bit forceful.

“Like...oh my god Sophia, now that you and James are dating...can you like teach me how to dance,” Ashley babbled on.  “Like....you are the best Sophia and I really want to learn all those sexy moves you know how to do?   Oh...and is true that you met Rihanna??” she started shrieking out now.   Ashley turned to our Mother now.  “Mom....Sophia met Rihanna....can you believe that?”  

I rolled my eyes now at my sister.  She wouldn’t stop talking.  “Ash....enough already.  We are barely in the front door.   Can we take our coats off?” I said to her, this is going to be a long night.

I watched as my Mom was looking at Sophia, she had this smile on her face that I’m sure no one would be able to wipe off.   She was ecstatic when I told her that I wanted to have my girlfriend over for dinner on Saturday night.

“Mom, my girlfriend Sophia,” I said now, and now I was a bit nervous.   “Sophia, my Mom Donna Anderson.”

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you Sophia,” my Mom said coming over to her and grabbing her hand.  

“It’s nice to meet to you too Mrs. Anderson,” Sophia shyly said back.

“Call me Donna,” my Mom said to her grabbing her hand taking her into the living room.   She sat beside her on the couch now, chatting away like she’s known Sophia her whole life.   Of course my sister sat on the other side of Sophia, babbling on and on about some ridiculous girl stuff.  

“Mom, is Dad home yet?” I asked walking over to where they were.

“Not yet James, but he will be soon,” my Mom said grinning like a school girl.  “He was running a bit late.”

“Do you want me to help you out in the kitchen?” I asked her.  I had told her that I would barbeque the burgers for her because I was betting she didn’t even know how to turn the barbeque on.  My Dad always was the one to barbeque but I have on occasion when he wasn’t home.

“No sweetie, dinner is all ready to go,” my Mom said back to me.  I rolled my eyes at her calling me sweetie.  When does she ever call me that?  Never, but I guess she will now that Sophia is here.  I was curious as how she started the barbeque on her own, I’ll have to ask her that later.  I guess she could have cooked the burgers on the stove, but I hope she didn’t, they wouldn’t taste the same.