Chapter Fourteen

Next chappy...........I'm not 100% sold on it.   Anyway....please VOTE if you like it and let me know what you think!!

S  xo

Chapter Fourteen

James’ POV

I just grabbed a readymade sandwich, an apple and a bottle of water for lunch today.   I wanted to talk with Sophia so carrying a lunch tray would have been kind of hard.  I never got the chance to talk to her last night, with her brothers, Matt and Isobel around we never really had any privacy.  And the conversation that I want to have with her, I would rather it just be between her and I.

“Will you walk with me?” I asked her as I reached her locker just when she was shutting it.  She had her lunch in her hands, ready to go and eat.

“Um...okay,” she said quietly.   I hope she’s not upset or nervous or anything, she seemed okay with me last night.

I took her hand and she didn’t pull it away, so that was a good sign.   “Let’s eat outside, down at the end of the school property is a grassy area with some trees,” I said tugging on her hand and leading her out the door.

“But.....,” she started to look around, not sure who she was looking for.  “Shouldn’t we let someone know we aren’t eating lunch with them?”

“I mentioned it to Matt,” I reassured her.  “I’m sure he’ll tell Isobel.   If you want, we can find her and you can tell her yourself?”

“No.....if Matt knows, then she’ll know,” she giggled.   Oh yah....those two don’t keep anything from each other.

We reached the grassy area and I was happy that no one around.  I picked the spot underneath the large oak tree.   The leaves were huge so it was nice and shady.  I took a seat and I pulled her down the same way we sat at the beach.  She hesitated a bit at first....”Are you okay?” I asked her.  I didn’t want her sitting like this if it was going to make her nervous or upset her.

“I’m good James,” she said relaxing a bit more and not holding her back so stiff against my chest.   I loved her hair today.  It was in a long braid but the braid was made towards the left side of her head.  I made sure that I positioned my head on her right side.  

We sat in silence for a bit, both eating our sandwiches.  I guess I didn’t really realize it when I was buying my lunch but it was pretty much a copycat of Sophia’s lunch.  

“What do you have today?” I asked her.

“Hmmm....I think it might be turkey, cheese and some mayo?” she told me thinking about it.   She held it up to me now, “Is that what it is?”

“Yup....that’s what it looks like.   I think there is some lettuce in there as well,” I told her noticing that where she took a bite, she didn’t have a piece of lettuce yet.

“Oh...good....my Mom made it how I like it,” she grinned taking another bite.   “What did you buy today?”

“Well....I must have been thinking of you when I bought my lunch because I have a ham and cheese sandwich, an apple and water,” I told her laughing.

“Wow....James....right down to the apple you got,” she smiled.

“Hey....I happen to like apples,” I joked squeezing her shoulders a bit.

We finished eating our lunch, it was time to start talking, this was my chance.  I was nervous though, I didn’t know how to begin.   I took a deep breath and just blurted it out.....”I’m sorry!”