CHAPTER 11: I Don't Have A Bad Feeling...

LIZ

For the rest of the night, I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss and how badly I wanted to be with him but, I couldn't. My past is too much.

I mean sure, he probably knows the life I have left behind me. But still, it wouldn't be fair to him or to anyone to put them at such risk knowing that I was the one that did that.

So for the rest of the night, I tried really hard to ignore the stares from Rick as he watched me work.

Then at the end of the night, while Rick was finishing up in his office, I had Katie take me home so that I didn't have to worry about seeing him.

Before falling asleep, I had thought about the kiss and how amazing it was. How amazing it felt. My gosh what the fuck is wrong with me. Not every man is like Raymond. I don't know what to do.

*****************************************

It's been almost a week since Rick and I shared that kiss and I've been ignoring him as much as I can. Though it hasn't been easy. Especially when watching him work on his bike and his shirt is off, exposing all his tattoos.

Then today, since it was a Friday and Sean was staying the weekend over at one of his friends' house and Katie was staying with Trey, I had the house to myself.

It was weird though. I can't remember the last time I had some alone time. It was nice but, I missed Sean.

Then since I also had this weekend off, I thought that maybe I would take this time in trying to figure out Sean's birthday party. Which was coming up in a couple of weeks.

As I was looking on my laptop at a few party supply places, I heard a knock on the door. Which I had just assumed was something from Amazon that Katie said she had ordered for Sean's birthday.

So I got up and answered the door and saw that it wasn't the Amazon guy. It was Rick.

"Rick! What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I heard you were going to be alone and thought you might like some company." He smiles at me.

Is this some kind of a trick or a joke? I mean, why is he acting suddenly genuinely sincere?

"Uh, yeah. So why are you here?" I ask him.

"Because I thought you maybe would want to go out for dinner or something." He says.

"Are you drunk?" I ask him since I don't believe this kind act of his.

"No. Look, I just thought maybe you'd like to go have some dinner. Maybe talk. But forget it. Shit, I don't even know why I bothered." He says sounding like the real Rick I know. Or wait, did I just make him act that way? He begins to walk away.

"Wait!" I call out to him.

"What?" He asks.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. You can come in and hang out." I tell him. Though why did I just do that?

He smiles and comes walking inside as I close the door behind him.

"Thanks." He says.

"Want a drink?" I ask him.

"Yeah. A beer please." He says.

"Okay." I reply while heading into the kitchen and grabbing him a drink.

I walk over towards him as he's sitting on the couch and hand him his drink before taking a seat a few inches away beside him.

"Thanks." He says as he takes the beer from my hand.

"Sure." I reply.

We both sit there and share an awkward brief moment of silence with each other.

"Listen, Liz..." he begins but I stop him.

"Look, it isn't that I don't want to be with you. Cause I do. I'm just scared. There are things in my past that I don't know if they're going to come back to haunt me or anything, but, I can't risk other people's lives, just in case it does. I mean, I know that's what I'm doing with Sean but, he was sort of, brought into it since birth." I began crying and don't know why. I'm not someone who cries in front of people.

The next thing I feel are his arms wrapping around me and pulling me closer to him.

Then he cups my chin with his hand and lifts it up to face him.

"I know about your past. And I promise you. I will protect you and Sean. And you never have to worry about Raymond ever again." He says.

"But why? Why protect us? You don't even know us. You've had a little bit of information given to you about my past. It doesn't mean you know me." I tell him.

"I know. But I know enough. And I don't know why I feel the way I feel about you, but I do. And I know you feel the same way as I do." He says while looking into my eyes.

"I do." I reply.

Then before I'm able to say anything else, he places his lips onto mine and we end up making out with each other for a moment.

Then as we pull our heads apart and looked at each other, we smiled.

"Will you give me a chance?" He asks me with sincerity in his tone of voice.

I then nod my head and reply softly, "Yes."

He smiles at me again and then we continue kissing for a moment.

I'm not sure why I have agreed to being with him. However, I don't have a bad feeling neither. Maybe he is different and besides, I really do like him. Maybe more.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)