Chapter Thirty-Seven

I woke up and when I realised that Mr Jones was still asleep, I left him a small note and left. It was 6am and the taxi to come get me was coming in an hour. I rushed back to my room and packed the things that I would need for the weekend, showered and got ready and made my way up to the cafeteria. I grabbed a banana and made my way out to the front to wait for the taxi. I wasn’t waiting long, and the next mniute I was getting off the plane and I was now in Sydney.

My mum and dad picked me up and took me home. It was 9am, so I got them to drop me at Jess’ house. I knocked a few times on the door and her mum, Tracey answered. She saw me and pulled me in a big hug and told me that Jess was still in bed, so I ran up to her room and jumped on her. She jumped and exclaimed, “Is that really you or am I still dreaming?!”

“It’s really me!” I laughed back.

We went to Jade’s and went shopping for the day. The whole weekend was really good- I saw all my old friends and we all hung out like I wasn’t living in a different state.

It ended quickly though, and before I knew it I was waiting for my plane back to Queensland. I was sad as hell, but knowing that I’d be seeing Mr Jones soon made my heart flutter with excitement. Knowing that I also had Jason to deal with made me moody, but it didn’t last long when I got off the plane and saw Mr Jones in the waiting bay smiling at me. I ran up to him and leapt into his arms, and he caught me.

“Mmm, I missed you princess,” he said kissing my cheek.

“I missed you, too. I didn’t know you were picking me up from here, I assumed I was catching a cab back,” I replied as I let go of him.

“I wanted to be here for you when you got back, plus I wanted to take you out for dinner. Is that okay with you?”

My eyebrows raised. “Really? You want to take me out for dinner?!”

He chuckled. “Of course. I’ve been waiting for you to get back from the day you left school. How was your weekend back home?”

“Yeah it was really good, thank you,” I replied and we made small talk as we walked towards his car. “So, where are we going?”

“I know a really good Mediterranean restaurant about ten minutes from here.”

“Isn’t that expensive?!”

“Shh, don’t worry your little head, it’s fine. I want to treat you with the best that you deserve.”

I felt my cheeks flame up. He’s so fucking adorable.

We arrived at the restaurant and it looked amazing. It was modern and all the waiters were in suits and looked very professional. This couldn’t be cheap.

I tried to order the cheapest thing that I found on the menu that I’d like, and Mr Jones got us a bottle of wine.

The dinner was absolutely beautiful.

“So, what do you think about you coming to live with me? For good?” he asked and I choked on my food.

“Where?”

“Just up the coast. It’s about an hours drive from here. I know that you want to leave school, so I was thinking that you could come and live at my place and get a job or look into a course that you’re interested in doing. It’s just a suggestion- you don’t have to if you don’t want to, I understand.”

“No, no. That sounds like a wonderful idea, I just really wasn’t expecting it. Where does that leave us, though?”

“That leads me to my other question. Sarah, would you like to be my girlfriend?”

“Why me?” I asked seriously. Why would he pick me out of the other thousand of girls who want him?

“Because Sarah, you’re such a strong, goal-driven woman who sees the best in me. You keep me grounded and you keep me happy. Knowing that I have class to teach you excites me and makes me sad at the same time. I don’t want to just be your ordinary teacher Sarah, I want you to be mine. I can see myself spending the rest of my life with you and I want to keep you safe. You mean more to me than you’ll ever know and that scares me. It scares me how ready I am to leave my job, and leave my life behind just to be with you.”

My jaw dropped. Was he fucking serious? He had to be joking. Things like this don’t happen to me.

“I would love that, Brett. I would love to be your girlfriend, and I would love to live with you, but I do want to finish school first. We can still be together of course, but I really want to finish school and get it out of the way. So I’ll stay at school with you, and then after I’m finished, I’d love nothing more but to live with you. You’ve never really hurt me and I believe everything that you’ve said tonight, which is something that’s hard for me to do.”

He nodded in understanding. “That’s completely understandable, and I’m glad that you know what you want. You’re so mature for your age, really. It’s mind blowing.”

We continued our conversation before heading back to school. I was now dating Mr Jones, my beautiful principal- and I could never be happier.

__

A few weeks have passed since Mr Jones asked me to be his girlfriend and I was nearly in my last year of school. I’ve been sleeping in his bed nearly every night now and in class, he treated me just like any other student and I appreciated that. He offered many times to help me with my homework and essays, but I always said no. I didn’t want extra help when other students weren’t getting the same attention.

Jason’s moved back to my old school in Sydney and I haven’t heard much of him, and I plan to keep it that way. So now I’m just waiting till the end of school and then I’ll finally move in with Brett officially and we’ll live an amazing life together.

THE END

__________________

I FINALLY FINISHED THE BOOK! Leave a comment below if you'd like me to start another book that carries on as a second book to this one. Thank you all so much for reading, voting and leaving comments- you're all absolutely amazing. x