Chapter Ten

We went past my house, and I quickly got changed before going to the gym. I was surprisingly excited to let all my anger out on a punching bag, after all, I had done it two years earlier when I was having a fight with a friend, and it worked. Hopefully it would work today.

We walked in, and went straight towards the punching bags. I walked over to the bucket of punching gloves and placed them on my hands and Luke strapped them up tight. I walked over to the punching bag, but it wasn't working for me. I couldn't do it, I just couldn't pretend it was Jason. I sighed and looked at Luke. He smiled at me, then walked out and headed towards the computer at the front. I followed him, and asking him what he was doing.

"You'll see," he said, smiling. "Now pick a drink out of the fridge, you'll need it." So I walked over to the fridge and took out a bottle of Gatorade and walked back into the room. I checked my phone, and I had 3 texts and 2 missed calls. Two from Jade, one from an Jason. The missed calls were Jason. 'Are you catching the bus? x' the first one from Jade said. The second one was her telling me off for ditching her on bus and wondering where I was, and to call as soon as I got her text. I laughed and called her, telling her where I was and what I was doing.

"Luke's such a good friend!!" She said, and I agreed and then got off the phone.

I looked at the unread text from Jason. I wanted to read it, but I was kind of scared. I opened it anyway.

'Sarah, I'm coming to school tomorrow. Can you please come to my room at lunch so we can talk? Thanks xx'

Two kisses at the end, what the hell? Does he not know that I'm pissed at him? I didn't reply, I didn't want to waste my time on him. I threw my phone back on the floor, and turned around to see Luke facing one of the punching bags.

"Sare, come here!" He said smiling. I did, and saw what he did. He had printed off a picture of Jason's face and stuck it on the punching bag! I pissed myself laughing at it. It was a photo of Jason, smiling happily. I looked at Luke with a puzzled face. "It's so you can imagine the punching bag as his face." He said, laughing. I laughed harder, this boy has a mind of his own! He patted me on the shoulder. "I'll leave you to it, then. If you need me, I'll be out the front," he said, and I nodded.

I stood a metre away from the punching back and let my anger build up. I remembered yesterday morning, I remembered all our memories, I thought about everything, and I could feel my blood boiling. I punched the bag. It felt good, so I did it again. I kept punching it, and eventually the picture was getting torn. I got a bit too into it, but I couldn't stop myself. I started yelling at the bag, pretending it was Jason. I started to kick it, and cursed at it. I couldn't do it anymore, and I broke down and started crying. My hands hurt, and my eyes were stinging. I was embarrassed, then I realized no one was watching, or so I thought.

I turned around towards the doors of the room, and the door was open, and Jason was standing in the doorway, staring at me. I stared back in disbelief. How embarrassing was this! I closed my eyes, and pictures of him went racing through my head; pictures from two years ago, up till now, and the last thing that popped into my head was him and Kirsten making out. My eyes shot open, and Jason hadn't moved. I picked myself up, and threw myself at him, and started punching him, luckily I still had the gloves on, otherwise my hands would be in pain.

"You're a fucking prick, Jason! I hate your fucking guts! Wait no, I don't hate you, I loathe you! You're a cheating arse wipe and I wish you never worked at my school!! I wish I never saw you again! I wish I never let myself fall in love with you! Just go back to sucking slut's faces and don't bother even looking in my direction, ever again!!" I yelled at him, crying at the same time, it felt like multi tasking in a way.

When I was finished my rant, we were looking into each others eyes, and his started tearing up. I stopped crying, and stared into his eyes. His tears were now falling onto his cheeks, and I felt like wiping them away from his beautiful face. Seeing him cry made me realize that he didn't do it on purpose, I could tell. I lost it again, and bawled my eyes out, right in front of him. I shut my eyes, they were stinging too much to leave open. I suddenly felt arms around my shoulders, and I was pushed against a chest. It was warm, and really muscly. I knew who it was, but didn't pull away. His arms squeezed around me tighter, and we were crying together, it was slightly weird.

We stayed like that for about five minutes, and then reality hit me. I was hugging my ex whom cheated on me, also a teacher. I pulled away from the hug, ripped my gloves off and ran towards Luke who was at the weights. "Take me home, please," I said desperately and he got up and put his hand on my back and led me out. I noticed everyone looking at me and Jason, they obviously watched it. I hoped to God that no one I knew was there.

"What was he doing there?!" I asked when we got in the car.

"Sare, it is his gym."
I sighed and shut my mouth.

I thanked Luke and walked inside and straight to the bathroom. I had a shower, and went straight to bed. It was only 5:30, but I didn't care. I checked my phone, and I had 4 messages and 5 missed calls. I ignored them, chucked my phone on my side table and cried myself to sleep.

_____ 

The sound of my alarm went off, and I got up and stretched. I had science 5th, and I was going to try to avoid Jason as much as I could. I took a nice, warm shower and got ready. I walked downstairs and checked the time, it was 8:02. I hurried to the bus stop with Jade and I felt sick. Great, just what I needed to top off the day. I got on the bus, and everyone stared at me as I walked past. Period one went quick, and before I knew it, the lunch bell rang. I remembered that Jason wanted to talk to me, but went to my group first.

"You know how much trouble you could get Kirsten and Jason in?" Jess asked me as I sat down.

"Yeah, I know."

"Why don't you do it- for revenge?"

I thought about it for a while, and it sounded good. I shrugged, and got up and made my way to B6. I opened the door, and Jason was sitting at his desk with his head in his hands.

"You know, people are going to find it odd that we both have red eyes and both have been crying," he said when I walked in.

"No ones said anything to me."

"Oh, okay. Okay, um, I understand if you want to tell on me and Kirsten, it was wrong, and I don't care if you do. I'm not going to tell you not to, because I know that what I did was wrong and yeah."

"That would make me a hypocrite, wouldn't it?" I said, smirking. He half smiled.

"That's true, I guess. But I know how much you must want to do it, so go ahead. I know you hate Kirsten, and I hate her too. She's fucked up everything for me. She fucked up my life- my career, my amazing girlfriend who hates me, and I yelled at her yesterday afternoon for it. She cried saying her mother would kill her if she didn't get good grades, apparently there's rumours that if you sleep with me you get better grades." He chuckled, and I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help it. My eyes teared up again. "Sare, please don't cry again. I feel like absolute shit, and I can't apologize enough for what I have done to you." He said, and pulled me into a hug, then planted a kiss on my forehead. "I love you, no matter what." I let the tears fall, and he wiped them away with his thumbs. 

Without thinking what I was doing, I kissed him. "I lo- I- I love y..ou, too Jase." I said holding back the tears. He kissed me back, then I realized what was happening. I pulled away quickly. "Shiiit" I said, and the tears fell. I ran out of the room and headed towards the bathrooms.  I seem to run to them a lot when I'm sad, yuck. I fixed up my eyes, as my make up was running, and walked back towards my group. I knew I shouldn't have worn any mascara today!

As I walked back, heaps of people kept coming up to me asking what happened and if I was okay. "I'm fine," was all I said. I walked up to Jade and Jess; I had stopped crying now. My friend James came up to me, and hugged me.

"What's wrong?" He asked, and I just cried, and cried. I must look like an idiot! I pulled away and out my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry babe, I'm okay." I said, and continued to the girls.

"SARE! WHAT HAPPENED?!" They asked in sync, and I sat down and told them.

"You what!!"

"I kissed him, I- I wasn't thinking straight, and I just did it, I hate myself for it!"

"Sare, are you ready to forgive him?"

Was I? Would I ever trust him again?