Chapter Thirty-Two

[A/N] (not really a note but..) REALLY RANDOM BUT I TOTALLY JUST ACCIDENTALLY VOTED FOR MY OWN FUCKING BOOK OMG I SWEAR IT WAS AN ACCIDENT HAHAHA HOLY SHEEEET I'VE MISSED THIS WEBSITe, I'm such an idiot, EVERYONE IGNORE IT LOL.

____________

A loud knocking on the door woke me up out of my nap, startling me. I jumped up and gasped, looking around. For a few seconds, I forgot where I was and thought I was back home. I checked my watch and realized the time was 3:30, meaning that I had missed out on the last two periods of the day. They knocked again, but I continued to ignore it and lay back down.

"Sarah, are you in there? It's just me, I forgot my key!" Alana said through the door. I sighed in relief and went to open the door for her. "Where have you been? We missed you at lunch and you weren't in fifth and sixth!"

"I had a little talk with Jason and told him to back off and that put me in a shit mood and I just wanted to go to bed. Did I miss out on anything important?" I asked.

"Are you all good now? And nah you didn't, we watched a movie in science and just talked around in English because we had a sub so you're lucky!"

"Yeah I'm fine, thank you! I'm just going to pop in the shower, I feel disgusting," I said laughing.

"I was just going to tell you that you smelt like smoke!" she said laughing along, "how'd you get one in here?!"

"Umm, I was sitting in the courtyard at the end of PE and Michael walked over and offered me one. He was surprisingly really nice to me, so we just sat and spoke for a bit."

"Aw, that's sweet of him! He is a nice guy, just not when Ashley's around!" I smiled and grabbed some comfortable clothing and headed for the shower.

I unwrapped my bandage to see the cuts on my arm and hand hadn't healed at all, they were still pretty bad. I frowned and hurried in the shower, trying to ignore the stinging as I washed my hair.

"Hey Sarah, do you need a new bandage?!" Sarah shouted out from the bedroom.

"Yeah please babe!" I yelled back and turned the shower off. I dried myself, got changed, brushed my teeth and dried my hair.

"It's out in front of your door! I'm going to the pool area, come up when you're ready if you want to!" 

"Okay, thank you Alana!" 

She said goodbye and I heard the bedroom door shut, so I grabbed all of my clothes and walked back towards my bed. I re-wrapped my hand and wrist up and decided to head back to my bed. I wasn't really in the mood for talking to anybody. As soon as I was about to doze off, there was another knock at the door. I grunted and made my way to the door, assuming Alana had forgotten her keys again and had come back for them, but when I opened the door Mr Jones was standing there on his phone. He raised his head and looked at me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can you please follow me to my office? We need to talk about your whereabouts the last two periods, it won't take long," he said in a teacher-like voice. I nodded and shut the door so that I could put my shoes on and followed him. When we reached his door, he told me to go in and take a seat and he'd be in, in a second. I took a seat and tapped my foot impatiently, even though it wasn't like I had anything better to do with my time. After a few minutes, he walked in with a coffee mug in his hand and sat opposite me. "So, where were you during period five and six, Sarah?"

I bit down on my bottom lip for a couple of seconds before answering, "I was just in my room."

"And why were you there instead of being in class? You know that's considered skipping class at this school and we don't take that lightly considering how easy it is here."

"I was in a shit mood and I decided it was best for me to just go to sleep, I don't believe I should get punished for that. It's not really skipping."

"Sarah, when you don't turn up to your classes without telling anybody where you are or that you won't be attending that class, it's considered skipping. You could have come and asked to see me and I would've let you stay in your room, or you could have gone to sick bay. You'll have detention tomorrow morning starting at 6 with me in my classroom. Don't argue against it, I'm letting you off easy."

I simply nodded in response. I've learnt my lesson to keep my mouth shut.

"And I want to see you eating something at dinner time. You missed out on lunch and you're looking thinner. Jason noticed so as well Sarah, and as your principal, I have a duty of care to make sure you're taking care of yourself and that you're eating, okay?"

Once again, I didn't reply. Thinking of eating made me feel sick to the stomach. I slightly nodded and responded. "Is there anything else, Sir?" I asked.

"That's it, you're free to go. I'll see you at dinner," he said and I got up and walked out. It was weird having a normal teacher/student conversation with him without any flirting and without him yelling in my face, but I didn't mind. Instead of going back to my dorm, I headed outside and over towards my new friends.

"Hey, you're alive!" Tyson joked, lightly punching my arm.

"I was only gone for the last half of the day! You guys overreact with everything!" I replied giggling. We all engaged in a small conversation until dinner when we made our way to the cafeteria, grabbed some dinner and continued our conversation at our table. Tonight they were serving either crumbed chicken or macaroni and cheese, so I put a couple of scoops of macaroni into a bowl and attempted to eat it. I looked up to check if Mr Jones was looking at me while I was eating and he wasn't, so I quickly got my spoon and shoved as much as I could onto Ryan's plate who was sitting next to me and everyone started laughing at my poor efforts.

After dinner, Alana and I headed back to our dorm and watched a movie together and had a quiet night not doing anything and I was glad that I wasn't interrupted by any fucking teacher tonight.