Two

Ch2

I wanted to get up and run. There was a flickering streetlight a few metres away, which made this situation a whole lot creepier. It didn't help that the car that hit me was a white minivan.

My ears perked up at the sound of the car door opening. I put pressure on my hand and willed myself to get on my feet, but an excruciating pain in my left foot haltered me. Wincing, I put all my weight on my right leg and managed to get halfway up, before I lost my balance and fell, but this time, there were a pair of hands to catch me.

"Woah, watch it there" chuckled the guy with a smooth voice. I tried to push myself away from the strangers hands, but, again, ended up falling onto his chest, this time face first. Being the creeper I am, I took the opportunity to sniff the guy, and realised he smelled amazing.

Priorities Sienna!

I stood up and pushed away from him, balancing on my right foot, and awkwardly leaned on his car for support. My heart was hammering as the guy took a step towards me. When I finally caught a glance of his face, my heart stopped for a second, as though I recognised the face.

"You're new around here, aren't you?" He chuckled, looking at me with his head slightly tilted. I opened my mouth, and closed it again, my words stuck in my throat. My heart was hammering so fast that I was speechless. He gave me an amused smirk.

"You shouldn't just storm out of parties when you don't even know the neighbourhood" My eyes widened and now I was scared shitless. I gulped as I felt an earthquake happen with my internal organs. He must have noticed me suddenly paling and held his hands up defensively.

"No, no, no, I swear, I wasn't following you in the creepy stalkerish way.. I mean I was following you," He heard the whimper I let out and stepped closer to me, as if to earn my trust. "But" he said defensively, "only because I knew you were new in town and thought you'd probably get lost" he said, his hand frustratedly playing with his hair, and let an awkward silence take over.

I nodded meekly, and was about to walk away again, but the throbbing pain in my ankle notified me that this stranger was probably my only way of getting home tonight.

"Here, let me see that" He broke the silence. I flinched slightly when I felt his warm hands on my ankle, and he quickly removed them, bending his head up to look me in the eyes. "Can I touch it?" He said, asking for permission to touch my ankle. I sighed and nodded.

"My Mum used to be a nurse" he quipped, examining the swollen ankle "You twisted it, it doesn't seem broken. I think I have some bandage in the boot of my car" He said to me. "Brb" Who even says that? Isn't that technology-talk?

He was back to the front of the car in the matter of a few seconds, a first aid kit in his grip. He lay down the box on the floor and held my foot. I winched in pain. "Sorry" he said. "Just try and keep your ankle up, okay?" I nodded in response. I watched as his hands delicately wrapped the fabric tightly around my ankle and under me foot, fastening it with a grip. "There, I hope I didn't give you too much pain?" He asked. Judging from the dull reflection of the streetlight a few metres away, this guy had blue eyes, but I wasn't sure if the were electric, dull or ocean blue yet.

"You know, talking to you is basically like having one-sided conversation" he chuckled, brushing of his knees and standing up. He stood there for a while, smiling down at me, flashing his dimples at me, like he was trying to figure me out. And then he frowned, his brows furrowing.

"Oh wait, if you're mute, like you have a disability.. I mean.. Inability to talk.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you, i'm not trying to be an ass, it's ...." He fumbled for his words, looking very flustered. I put a hand up to signal him to shut up.