Chapter Eleven: Friends and Foes

"Have you seen Harry?" Neville stirs awake when Ron gently shoves his shoulder.

"What? No, last I saw him and Draco were still by the fire." Neville says snuggling back into the blanket as it's too early on a Sunday to be up.

Ron huffs and stares at the door debating if he should go looking or go back into the warm inviting bed. His friend has been missing since eleven last night but if he's down in the common room he shouldn't be worried. And his bed does look awfully warm. So the latter wins but not for long.

"Harry James Potter that is bullshit!" Ron hears his younger sister shout loudly through the eighth year common room. Ron blinks his eyes open and looks at the time. It's a bit later, he could go look. But by his sisters shouting he presumes Harry is where he was last night. So he sluggishly gets up.

"You don't just lose a person!" Ginny screams again. Ron covers his ears when he emerges at the bottom of the staircase.

"Bloody hell Ginny, you sound like a banshee. And how did you get in here anyway?" Ron exclaims as he walks over to the two, he glances at the fort in the middle of the common room and raises an eyebrow.

"Well, I bloody well have a reason to! And none of your concern." She shouts and glares at Harry.

"I have no idea where he went. He was here last night and then he disappeared." Harry says looking dejected.

Draco crashes through the branches and shrubbery trying to get deeper into the forest. His breathing is laboured and his eyes stinging.

What in the hell was he thinking. What the hell was he thinking! He could never be with Harry, never in a million years. Never, it doesn't matter how magical—no pun intended—the kiss was. He can't be with the golden boy. Yes, he would want to but he can't. He's just a death eater whose past makes it so he can never be good in the eyes of others again.

He sits down when he gets deep enough in the forest. He has his wand with him and casts a spell that hopefully, probably won't, protect him from the hostile creatures. But at this time he doesn't care. He'd rather be eaten up by said hostile creatures than face Harry again.

His body slumps against the trunk of the tree and he lets him head hang between his knees.

"Okay is someone going to explain what's going on?!" Ron shouts as Ginny and Harry bicker back and forth.

Ginny glared at her older brother and points at Harry.

"Well explain!" She crosses her arms and leans against the back of the chair.

"Me and Draco stayed out here last night and made a fort and then this morning he just disappeared."

"Yeah, just 'disappeared.' Harry what really happened." Ginny asks scowling.

"Nothing! He just disappeared!" Harry shouts as Ron shakes his head.

"Ginny enough." Ron looks at his sister with a look telling her to back off with the questions.

"No, people don't just up and run. What did you do?" Ginny watches Harry's face fall and look at the blanket fort still standing in the middle of the common room. He grabs his wand and flicks it all away sick of seeing it.

"I kissed him, okay! I bloody like him! I'm gay as fuck for that boy! Is that what you wanted! For me to shout from the roof tops that I'm in love with Draco Malfoy? Because there you fucking go! Now leave me alone!" Harry storms off, slamming the common room door shut as Ron and Ginny stand shocked in the middle of the room. Neville and Hermione walk out from behind the stairs.

"Did I just hear what I think I heard?" Neville asks raising his eyebrows.

"Yes, yes you did mate." Ron says and shakes his head.

Harry storms out the great doors and out into the cold air. His breath clouds in front of him as he stomps across the grass. It makes a small crunching noise the closer he gets to the forest. If Draco was to disappear this is where he'd go. He wants answers even if it's a simple, I don't like you, he needs an answer.

"Draco!" Draco perks his head up hearing his name being shouted through the forest. Of course Mr. Boy Wonder would have to come and try to find him. But that's exactly what he doesn't want. He doesn't want to have that talk. He doesn't want to hear Harry say he doesn't like him too.

Harry shouts his name again and listens for any sound of movement. This part of the forest is oddly quiet, no creatures around that usually would be.

He glances up at the canopy and watches the light slip through the leaves. He looks over seeing a flash of blond hair. Harry stops and stares, the way the light filters through the trees casts an almost angelic haze around the boy.

Times like these he wonders if he's actually real, because nothing has ever seemed so perfect before.

"Draco," Harry whispers out. Draco looks back at first not wanting to see Harry, but the second he sees those emerald eyes his stomach jumps and his heart flutters.

"Potter." He tries to put some fire behind his words but it's nothing more than burnt embers.

"I don't think you realize that there isn't a reason for you to be here." Draco says quietly.

"Actually there is, and you know there is." Harry says back just as quietly. "You can't just run away when things get like this you know?" 

"When things get like what? When things get like how they are, when you're standing there more than ready to tell me things I already know? To tell me something I've known since I was eleven, when I was fourteen, sixteen? I know what you're going to say so just save it, it didn't mean anything to you and I get that. So there, I've already said it so you can go now." 

"Wow, you're actually stupid." Harry says offhandedly, Draco looks over at him and glares standing up. 

"Yeah, I know I'm stupid. Don't need to rub it in, " he walks over to the shorter boy, "I know I'm stupid for liking you. You don't like me, I get it." Draco sniffles lightly holding back unwanted tears. 

Harry growls lowly and grabs the front of Draco's shirt. 

"Are you being serious right now? Draco, are you actually blind. I more than like you." Draco opens his mouth to say something, but Harry keeps talking over him. "I don't know where you got this idea that I didn't like you, because I make it more than obvious. I'm in love with you. Yeah, I don't like you. I bloody love you, you actual git. I'm head over bloody heels in love with you." 

"Oh," Draco whispers out feeling himself deflate like a balloon. 

"You're so melodramatic," Harry laughs and releases Draco's shirt before pulling him into a hug. Draco wraps his arms around Harry as well and leans into his body. 

"Oh," Draco says again hugging Harry tighter. Harry laughs before pushing back and grabbing Draco's chin. He tilts it down before gently pressing his lips to Draco's soft pink ones. Draco smiles and leans into the kiss. 

"O-" 

"I swear to Merlin if you say 'oh' again, I will kiss you blue." Harry pulls back and grins at Draco. Draco smiles back and says one last word. 

"Oh?"