Chapter Seven: Snakes and Lions

"What was that?" Ginny asks quietly staring at Harry. She's not mad, not at all. Just genuinely confused.

"What do you mean?" Harry asks trying to play it off. He's only slightly agitated towards Ginny. He was mere seconds away from using his last ounce of courage and kiss the bloke to see if his unrequited feelings were more requited than he thought.

"Well it looked like you and Malfoy were very intimately close there. Have something to tell me?" Ginny smirks and slings an arm around Luna.

"With the amount of Wrackspurts flying around his head, I think he's thinking of something else and not listening to you." Luna says fixing her Spectraspecs thoughtfully.

"Uh, not anything new." Harry lies easily to the younger sister of his best friend. Ginny just rolls her eyes and places her hands on her hips.

"And my hair isn't red. Stop lying, Harry. Is there something going on? Or not? Either way, I'm totally cool with you two. Enemies, friends, boyfriends, whatever. You're both hot so it's good on my part." Harry blinks rapidly, growing more visibly flustered.

"You think Draco is hot?" Harry asks avoiding her questions. Ginny just stares at him like he's sprouted a set of wings. She sighs loudly turning to Luna.

"Did he really just ask that?" Luna nods her head and pushes her glasses up on her head. "The whole school's female population thinks he's hot. Some boys as well. Are you part of the we think Draco Malfoy is hot, even though we're totally one hundred percent straight uh huh no gay thoughts here comittee?" Harry just stares at her open mouth and blush streaking a deeper red.

Ginny looks at Luna again and smiles victoriously.

"I'll take that as a yes. Well, you should probably go and find him as he ran off." Ginny says and tilts her head towards the Great Hall where they walk to after a second.

"Uh, right." Harry turns around quickly, the blush growing ever more prominent on his face.

"Goddamn Potter." Draco slams the door of his old room shut after slinking off to the Slytherin common room. He likes to stay there instead of the eighth year rooms. It's his home, the only place he feels safe. He quickly casts a silencing charm before letting out pitiful mumbles. He was so close to having it, but then it was torn away by reality. Maybe the only good thing to ever happen to him, and it was taken.

"Why?! Why does this always happen to me!!" He shouts and falls face first into his bedsheets. He bunches them up before shoving them towards his face and sighing deeply. He wants to kick and punch everything around him. It's not fair, not at all. The boy who's ruined his life is the only one who can help him back together.

But the Weaslette always has to butt in and ruin everything. Draco doesn't even know why he tries anymore. It's obvious Potter is only ever going to be his friend. Even if he was the one initiating that kiss; should it even be called a kiss? Draco sighs louder.

"I don't know, but I like it." What in the bloody hell did that even mean?! Potter liked being that close, being so close to kissing him?! Or was it because they weren't fighting? A loud knock on his door startles him out of his thoughts. He shouts at them to go away before taking the silencing charm off.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy!" He hears his best friend, Pansy, shout his name and he pulls a pillow over his head. "Get out here, now!"

Draco unlocks the door and Pansy hearing the click barges in.

"You have some explaining to do!" She says and grabs the pillow the Draco was holding. She swiftly smacks him across the head with the pillow before giving it back.

"You and Potter?! And you didn't tell me!!" She screeches loudly before Draco hits her with the pillow.

"There's nothing going on." He says a little disappointedly. Pansy catches this but doesn't say anything.

"So Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy, eh?" Ron says cheekily from his spot next to him on the couch. Harry looks over at him with a strange look. "What do you mean?"

"Is it true you two are, you know. A thing?" Ron says trying not to be obvious. Harry just continues to stare at him. Ron smiles and turns away.

"So, yes?"

"No, not really." Harry picks at a stray string hanging off of his tie. He begrudgingly fixes it and rips the string off.

"So, you want it to be a thing?" Ron smirks. Sure, he's still new to the whole Draco and Harry being friends thing. But he has no issue of them being more than friends, if that's what they want.

"R-Ron! I-I mean. Uh, no? I don't know!" Harry blushes prominently and shoves his face back into the book he was reading from. Ron cackles  loudly and pats Harry's arm.

"Well mate, you better figure yourself out." Ron exits the room walking to find Hermione. He doesn't know why his girlfriend reacted so badly to the two being friends. It's just less hexes and curses being thrown around. Besides, if they're friends than the Slytherin Prince won't be plotting to kill them or seriously maime them. So, in all it's a win-win for him. And he supposes Harry. But, if they were more than friends than that means that Draco would have to be more nice to his family because his family is Harry's family.

"Draco, what happened?" Pansy sets her hand gently on her best friends shoulder.

"I don't even know, Pans. I don't even fucking know." Draco sighs and holds the pillow close to his chest. Pansy stares at him with a saddened look. She hasn't seen him look this dejected since his father forced him to get the Dark Mark.

"Tell me about it," Pansy gently pries before laying down on the bed next to a sad Draco.

"Well, Hermione isn't waiting for me." Harry looks up at Ron and nods his head. Ron sits down again and grabs Harry's book setting it on the table.

"Tell me about it," He says making Harry groan and him laugh.