Chapter Six: A Fine Feast

After slipping on his red and gold tie, Harry fixes his hair in the mirror for the third time. His bird's nest hair never really sits tame on his head without a spell or two. He instead ruffles it slightly and walks down to the shared common room with his two best friends flanking his sides and a giddy hop in his step. They walk passed the Multicoloured tie man and down the moving staircases quickly.

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up in a bit." He rushes passed a group of students when the two nod their heads and continue walking to breakfast. The two watch him walk away, his robes billowing behind him.

"You know, I heard that people were saying Malfoy and Harry were getting all buddy buddy now. Lavender said that she over heard Milicent and Pansy talking in the hallways about the two. Apparently Milicent had seen Harry wrapped up on Malfoy's arm! Can you believe it? I can't believe the kind of things people are making up, it's crazy Ron, crazy!" Hermione says and the two find a seat at the table.

"Well, they did seem like they were getting along more in potions, and Neville did say he saw the two going into the Forbidden Forest." Ron grabs some pancakes and eggs, filling his plate up before taking a sip of his pumpkin juice.

"Ron, it's Malfoy, after everything he's done to us I'd be surprised if Harry even look at him with nothing less than loathing." Hermione rolls her eyes and sips at her milk before grabbing eggs herself.

The two sit in relative silence. Just small talk between the bites of food and drinks. They notice the great hall doors swing open and both wait expectantly for their brunet friend to appear. When Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zambini walk in both let out a collective sigh. Their food is still warm and their plates still half full so they chat instead, waiting for Harry to arrive.

When Harry finally graces the two with his presence Hermione's eyebrows furrow causing Ron to look over his shoulder. The two aren't prepared to see Harry talking to Malfoy, or to see him standing so daringly close either.

Harry doesn't look like he's going to hex the blond, but instead looks happy? Hermione can't stop her jaw from dropping and the rest of the hall goes quiet. The two Gryffindor's expect the two to part but are even more baffled when instead the enemy follows their best friend to their table.

"Hey guys," Harry says quickly before sitting down and patting the seat beside him. Draco sits down with the elegance of a Malfoy and turns towards Harry.

"And then! For some reason Dumbledore appeared and was wearing some type of dress, like full on pink and purple dress. Then it changed into the Yule Ball, and he was my date? Like it was the weirdest dream I think I've ever had. I'm so glad I woke up before you know, he kissed me or something." Hermione and Ron set their forks down and listen to the conversation with matching faces of confusion.

"I mean, I bet you would have liked it," Draco winks at Harry, before succumbing to laughter causing Harry to laugh as well and set a hand on the table.

"Uh, Harry?" Ron is the first to snap out of his stupor.

Harry turns around and looks at his best friend smiling widely.

"What in the hell is going on?" Harry furrows his brows before restarting his story.

"Oh, so my dream was the weirdest thing ever and I was just telling Draco about it and--"

"Harry! That's what he means." Hermione says staring at the two unlikely pair. Draco immediately grows shy and quiets his laughter, quickly closing in on himself.

"Oh, me and Draco being friends? I didn't think that was an issue. I thought you'd be happy we were getting along." Harry says genuinely confused by the quiet anger on Hermione's face and the blank face of Ron.